The After Surgery Cover-Up

Hey Guys,

I'm sure I'm not the only person to ask this question, but I'm still curious about what you all think. I'm currently a user of Toppik to hide the thinning that is going on on the top of my head. It's truly been a remarkable product for me, as I get complimented on how good my hair looks when nobody, and I mean, nobody knows that I use that product. Everyone believes my hair to be natural. So now here's the problem:

I want to stop using Toppik. I've come to grips that getting a FUE is the right idea. My problem is, after surgery, How do I hide the fact that I just had a surgery? In my research I've realized that they shave down your head prior to undergoing the procedure. This will be a problem for me after the transplant, because it will be quite the drastic difference to what people have seen and what they will see ( friends - co workers and family ) Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone encountered this exact problem as me? Thanks!

Ive heard some guys shaving their head a month or 2 before the operation, to sort of get people used to seeing you with a new look, then once the procedure is done its not such a drastic change

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

ya buzz your hair down before the op so people get used to that look. Then when your new hair grows in people wont even remember what your old hair looked liked

Ht #1: sure hair for men 21 years old unk amount of grafts. waste of money

Ht #2: 2005 with FUT with Dr Armani. Don't remember the amount of grafts. Great result re building the hairline and frontal thirs

HT #3: Jan 18 with Dr Doganay Fue: 2500 grafts, 600 crown, 400 into Fut scar, 400 temple rebuild, the rest into the front third to beef up the hairline. still waiting on results obviously

With HT surgery, you have two choices of either shaving in advance or growing your hair long behind the transplanted area and combing it down.

If you're going with FUE then shaving is the only option, but the redness will be obvious there for a while so be aware of that.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)