What Medicine and dosage before surgery - Will that help in better results

Hi All - Here is my first post in this forum. I have been following this site from a month and finding it quite helpful in every aspect for HT. 'Much Respects' for the moderators. About me: Male, 27, MPB started hair loss when I was 22 and now my middle scalp in pretty much bald.

My Basic Questions: Is it important to get on Propecia or any other medicine 3-4 months BEFORE surgey? I havent taken any hair loss medicine so far and considering HT in 5-6 months. Do you think one should get on to Propecia before surgery? I read this somewhere on this forum.

If yes, are medicines (like propecia)same for everyone? Would you recommend to consult a doctor before getting onto Propecia? Or is it just like another 'Disprine for headache', too common and does not really require doctor consultation. Thanks to all.

Is it important to get on Propecia or any other medicine 3-4 months BEFORE surgey?

Finasteride and minoxidil. But stay off minoxidil and other doctor contra-indications customary 5 days prior to surgery.

Do you think one should get on to Propecia before surgery?

Yes. And for the rest of your life.

If yes, are medicines (like propecia)same for everyone?

Short answer, yes. Longer answer more complicated, and for the average person, the short answer is sufficient.

Would you recommend to consult a doctor before getting onto Propecia?

Yes. But I did not, because I knew I was suffering from MPB.

Or is it just like another 'Disprine for headache', too common and does not really require doctor consultation.

NO!!! Finasteride is definitely not a cough and cold medication. And even a cough and cold medication can be dangerous in combination with other drugs.

take care...