How to Make Minoxidil (Rogaine) More Effective

BrianR

This is suppose to help make Minoxidil More Effective? Y/N maybe?

Just something I found and was wondering about?

**Outside videos removed. Content was about using minoxidil with a dermal roller.**

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Brian,

Dermal rollers have been around for quite some time. Initially, individuals thought making micro incisions in the scalp would help the minoxidil absorb more effectively. This fell out of favor, but the rollers recently made a comeback with the help of a new theory. Spurred in part by the work coming out of U Penn/Follica, there is now some belief that wounding the scalp induces growth factors that create new hair growth. For a long time, this phenomenon was only seen in mice, and sometimes in humans with the use of minoxidil. The research now suggests that the addition of a growth factor (fgf9 to be exact) that is present in mice wound healing, but not in humans, may help unlock a follicle growth/regrowth pathway and restore some hair. Several different medications/topical elements (minoxidil, PGD2 inhibitors, PGE2, lithium, fgf9, etc) are now being trialed in conjunction with dermal rollers. However, the results/efficacy is still unknown.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.