Hair Thinning help

adikar

I am 33 yr old male experiencing hair fall/thinning from last 2 yrs.. I have seen a doctor recently and he said this is signs of MPB. he asked me to use Keto 2% and propecia but I dont want to use Propecia as it has side effects and who knows cancer risk.. Also thinking of taking propecia daily for the rest of my life is not souding right to me..

Both sides of my family doesnot have baldness gene. My dad and grandfathers still have lots of hair. so why am I seeing this hair loss/thinning on top of my head when my family dont have it?

My daily activity

I workout intensely. 4 days weight training 2 days cardio. I eat healthy food lots of protein, veggies and lots of good fats. i eat almost 150 gm of good fats daily. do you guys think that working out and high fat diet is producing more testosterone and inturn DHT?

can I take head shower 5 days a week? I am afraid to take head shower 5 days a week because my hair is falling when its wet. when its dry I dont see much hair fall.

I have never ever thought in my life that I would lose hair because I dont have that gene. Even though my hair on top and crown is thinning, my hair line is not receding too much..All the FUE HT's I see is for people who have receding hair line. If I plan to get a HT, will they make my hair thicker on the top?

Thx

Do you take any steriods? If so, that would definitely be a contributing factor.

I recommend finasteride, it is by far the best hairloss drug out there. My only regret was not getting on it years ago when I first noticed thinning. I too was scared sh*tless because of the side effect horror stories. My hair would be WAY better of if I hadnt been put off by hearsay and slander touted by internet snake oil salesmen.

I havent experienced any side effects.

If you are one of the unlucky 2% - yes, thats right ONLY 2% - of people who suffer from side effects, then discontinue. At least you can always say you gave it a try.

Regimen:

Finasteride (1.25mg): Daily.

Minoxidil (5%): Twice Daily.

Super Biotin (5000mcg) Vitamin Supplement; Daily

Silica Complex; Daily

Thanks for the reply and I dont take any steriods currenty..I never did in the past too..

taking the tablet life long, I dont know..:( do I have to take that daily? or can I skip 1-2 days in between? whats the long I can skip the tablet and not reverse the effects..

also in the first place what makes body to produce more DHT if I dont have genetic baldness in my family? are there any other alternatives other than these chemical drugs (like saw palemetto etc ) that I can use to inhibit DHT?

zenmunk started an 'all you need to know about finasteride thread'. Check it out here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/166975-finasteride-dosage-frequency-conception.html

Regimen:

Finasteride (1.25mg): Daily.

Minoxidil (5%): Twice Daily.

Super Biotin (5000mcg) Vitamin Supplement; Daily

Silica Complex; Daily