HT2 with Dr Mwamba. Hair line and temple points.

Cowhorns

Last month I had a second procedure with DR Mwamba at his clinic in Brussels. My goal was to fill a gap behind the right temple, lower the hair line and address the temple points.

I received 1688 grafts over 2 days. Everything went as expected and i'm looking forward to next year to see the final result.

Happy for any questions and comments.

Hair Restoration Site for Cowhorns

Untitled2.jpg.ae964a1643095691c7bcb865dfbf99f2.jpg

Untitled11.jpg.3681607d3ef8f5ca883fb5e12fedc0ef.jpg

Untitled4.jpg.d2f0c1b420534d064d39948d47068a1d.jpg

Untitled5.jpg.b172cb62b148b5e198652b5b96174708.jpg

Untitled3.jpg.b7d5b8f81ff66de4a882bf60e96cb63a.jpg

I am sorry but how can any reputable HT surgeon leave your hair looking like your 3rd, 4th and 5th pics? It looks so ridiculous - part shaven at the back but full hair on top? It looks freaky and I certainly would not go with a surgeon who leaves my hair looking like that. If the hair needs to be shaven, why not shave the whole lot off? At least it would not look so bad. Or am I missing something here?

I do not expect any HT surgeon would operate on a woman like that so why leave hair looking like that with a man?

Am I the only one who thinks this looks wierd and unacceptable?

Anyway, despite my comments I hope you are pleased how your FUE went and wish you well with your final result over coming months.

Bunnyman, I can only assume you have not seen too many post-Op FUE pictures before. This is a standard case. This has nothing to do with a doc not being 'self-respecting'.

I have just had an FUE procedure. Initially it was my request to leave as much native hair as possible because I was uncomfortable with shaving everything. For FUE, the back and sides HAVE to be shaved down. The recipient area also has to be shaved (at least by most docs as they prefer to work with that). On day two of my Op, I decided that I looked so ridiculous (I looked much worse that Nick does in these pics due to my loss being in my mid scalp), I asked them to shave everything.

Of course Nick could have gotten everything shaved if he wanted. He obviously wanted to leave as much hair as possible. This is a very common request. This has nothing to do with a docs abilities/ethics. Obviously in an ideal world the patient would look the same as he did pre-op but with just some additional grafts in his recipient. This is not the case in reality.

Hope this clears things up.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Many thanks JohnnyDrama for your comments and clearing up a couple of points.

Clearly if it is up to the patient to request to look like the above pics post FUE - ie, to have only the donor area shaved, and to leave the rest alone - then I have no issue. If it was the HT surgeon's choice to make a patient look like a victim in the latest series of "Dexter" then that would be a different matter all together.

Just a point about FUEs, from the hundreds of examples I have now seen on this forum, the vast majority appear to have their whole heads buzzed for shaven prior to the HT procedure. I would not say nick72's is a standard case from the many cases I have seen.

Anyway happy growing to you both.

Yup, every FUE doc I'm aware of would rather operate on a blank canvas (buzzed head). Most just probably buzz to begin with in most cases, so that's likely why many documented cases are buzzed from the off. I think it is usually if the patient puts up a bit of a fight to retain native is when they refrain from buzzing everything. I would have loved to have kept as much as possible, but halfway through my day 2 I just decided it would make no sense. I would look crazy, plus it would be a nuisance because it would dangle into recipient area and probably initiate any itching so therefore not conducive to post op care. I'm glad I buzzed if even from a maintenance perspective.

Sorry if I seemed a little ignorant of your knowledge of FUE cases, but your surprise at the ops case had me guessing. Some docs do provide the facility to retain more native hair than others. Dr Mwamba and Dr Maras are two that I'm aware of. They place 'amongst' longer hairs more so than other docs. This would be at the patients discretion.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

I did look ridiculous and would have preferred to have had it shaved all round. However it was my own choice!

As I was addressing the temple points I wanted to ensure the Dr fully understood how my hair grew and behaved so what better way than leave the temples grown in. I believe the temple points are the most critical area of any HT and are ALWAYS on display. I knew I would be living under a hat for 2 weeks until I could have my hair cut, I figured it was a very small sacrifice in the grand scheme of things

I did look ridiculous and would have preferred to have had it shaved all round. However it was my own choice!

As I was addressing the temple points I wanted to ensure the Dr fully understood how my hair grew and behaved so what better way than leave the temples grown in. I believe the temple points are the most critical area of any HT and are ALWAYS on display. I knew I would be living under a hat for 2 weeks until I could have my hair cut, I figured it was a very small sacrifice in the grand scheme of things

Nic,

Totally agree with your reasons. I believe a doc shows his true skills when reconstructing the temple points.

The work looks clean and refined. I'm sure you will be in for a stellar result.

I've been very impressed with your doc, alot of great work coming from his office.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014