Need advice going for HT

I am a 36 year old Asian. suffering hair loss since 23. I had been on Propecia for about 6 years and used to kept me look good. I have stopped Propecia for 7 months. During the past three months, I noticed that my loss going crazy as what I have now. I am considering to go for HT. I think this is the best place to get more resources before going anywhere. I am in east LA area. Who would you recommended to do the work. I might need a few good one to consult with. From what you see on the pics, what plans and cost am I expecting now and later? Much appreciated your feed back!

front.JPG.2485c8e68bb2732acb14cf27829e7537.JPG

top.JPG.d6029cd4d7641ff43a17d1104509929c.JPG

5b32da0f635ed_photo(2).JPG.36cc398ac9a7e8c6db34f8e2e93bfe65.JPG

Why did you stop using propecia? As of right now it looks like you're going toward a Norwood 5A and if you do not use propecia or rogaine it will most likely happen. I highly suggest you continue with propecia if you didn't have any issues with it, because it will save you a lot of your native hair, as well as a lot of money when it comes to the procedure. If you do not use propecia you will most likely lose all the hair in on top of your head until the crown and you will need at the least in my opinion 4000 grafts and you may still need more work to increase density (a procedure of that size usually is around $15000). With propecia you should stop the loss you're experiencing and your results would look much better and you still may need around that number of grafts, perhaps a bit less. In the long run if you wan the most hair and the best results I highly suggest getting bad on the meds, and consulting with a few doctors, you can also have online consultations with doctors further away if you are looking outside LA but you can use this site to find some local doctors. Do your research here and find the doctor you're most comfortable with. You can private message me if you have any questions.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I know that I am going to lose all without med. That’s why I am thinking jump onto HT to replace propecia if it is my option. If I first go with session from hairline to mid-top, how many grafts do you think I need? I still have a lot of thin hair. Do I have to wait until that area totally bald in order to get transplant? Anyone here has personal experience from local doctors with excellent result? Thank you!

Having a transplant to replace propecia is not a good idea in your position. Again you will require many grafts, and you may not have enough to give you the result you're looking for. You have a decent amount of hair still on top that you can save with the medication, and you saw a lot fall out when you stopped so you know how well it works. If you have a procedure now you will probably lose quite a bit of your native hair due to shock loss, and without propecia I would say a lot of them won't return as opposed to patients who do use the medication having a better chance of seeing them return and being healthy hairs. I still believe you need somewhere around 4000 grafts from hairline to crown with your first procedure but you will most likely need even more if you don't use the medication and again your donor supply has a limit, you may not have enough to give you the result you're looking for. You may not have enough donor to complete the crown. If you just want the hairline to mid top I'd say around 2500-3000 grafts but again this is something that needs to be checked in a consultation. I highly suggest you continue the medication so you get the best results.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians