Just for men

Hello Everyone,

I know that chemicals can be bad for your hair, especially us baldies. I know that nothing should happen to my transplants but is it harmful to use just for men to add color - rather than the permanent colors or is it safer on the remaining original hair?

Thanks,

John

its752

Hey its752

Yeah, I was wondering if I would lose non-transplanted hair. I know with the strong permanent stuff there will be damage and loss, but I was wondering if something like just for men would do the same.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion in the first post.

John

john2008, I've fine-tuned the whole color thing. I'm 99.9% right and tell you to stay away from "just for men" even for this one reason: Hair colors, and I've experimented a lot with different brands, and they all leave an red/orange look to your hair. In other words, fake. Hair color, permanent or semi-permanent, won't make your hair fall out. When your ready to color your hair I can save you a lot of frustration and direct you to the couple things I do to almost completely eradicate the red tint that will result.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by its752:

john2008, I've fine-tuned the whole color thing. I'm 99.9% right and tell you to stay away from "just for men" even for this one reason: Hair colors, and I've experimented a lot with different brands, and they all leave an red/orange look to your hair. In other words, fake. Hair color, permanent or semi-permanent, won't make your hair fall out. When your ready to color your hair I can save you a lot of frustration and direct you to the couple things I do to almost completely eradicate the red tint that will result.

its752 - any advice you can give me would be great. i am getting the red/orange/rust look using jsut for men. i am getting ready to try something different. any advice? thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by john2008:

Hello Everyone,

I know that chemicals can be bad for your hair, especially us baldies. I know that nothing should happen to my transplants but is it harmful to use just for men to add color - rather than the permanent colors or is it safer on the remaining original hair?

Thanks,

John

I use Robert Craig permanent hair color. It is safer, and works better than Just for men. Check it out at:

www.robertcraig.com

This stuff is great!

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

I think this may depend on what you are trying to accomplish. Just for Men (if I am not correct I apologize) is more designed to camoflauge your grey hairs in with the rest of your hair. If you have to much grey I can see how it would give you that orangeish look. I have been using Just for Men for over a year (only on my temple points and sides) and it seems to work great.

Just my opinion.