Losing a lot of hair per day. Any advice?

Patriot34

I had a HT over a year ago and the results were poor. I was lied to so many times by my clinic that I don't even know where to begin. I started on Fin approximately 18 months ago. I couldn't tell if I had any success or not, but I didn't suffer from any side effects so I figure it's best to stay on it since I have now read that coming off of it can result in drastic, unreversible hair loss. I also use Minoxidal foam.

Now I am noticing that every time I run my fingers through my hair I have multiple hairs falling out. It's much more then I have ever noticed at any point in my life. Do these hairs just shed naturally and grow back or is this a sign that I am in the "Joe Rogan" category and have to shave my head and deal with the scar on the back of my head? If I keep losing hair at this rate I can't imagine having much more then the transplanted hair in a couple years.

Should I consider some other products to use? I do notice that my scalp is very itchy and I have dandruff. I have used good quality shampoo and some Head and Shoulders occasionally but it doesn't seem to help. I am considering another HT with a credible doctor in hopes of fixing a lot of issues, but if I'm just delaying the inevitable then I would rather just save my money and move on.

Do you have any advice on products or experience on this issue? I am wondering if Fin lost it's effectiveness and I should consider Duo?

Guest jaysam

Who does not wish to have thicker fuller hair. If your hair is in good condition it enhances your look. People suffering from hair loss often face embarrassing situations when in a crowd. If the hair loss in excessive it usually clings to your clothes, accessories, as well as other people. If left untreated, it could even spoil the quality of your hair. Remember one thing, it is better to treat your problem as soon as possible because if such a condition continues for a year it would surely damage your hair quality.

Just like other conditions the reason for such a case is internal as well as external. The natural way for hair loss treatment would provide you with the desired result. Be sure to follow these hair loss treatment discussed by a (Link removed by moderator- See Terms of Service) mentioned below if you really want to save your hair.

1. As mentioned above that the treatment is not just external but internal as well, so make sure that you are taking appropriate vitamins for hair loss treatment. Make sure that you get an adequate amount of vitamin B6, zinc, fish oil and saw palmetto. You can also try for a supplement instead.

2. Apart from the above mentioned vitamins for hair loss treatment make sure you also take protein rich diet. Meat, whole milk, lentils are beneficial.

3. Here is healthy drink to keep you hairs firmly rooted to your scalp. Blend bananas, yogurt and whole milk with a little honey. Drink this daily in the morning, this drink is rich in biotin and has essential vitamins for hair loss treatment.

4. Boil fresh or dried and powdered Indian gooseberry in coconut oil and apply this on your hair and scalp. This is very nourishing for your hair and would stimulate hair growth.

5. Rosemary oil applied once a week on hairs and scalp also proves to be an amazing treatment. It is also known for improving memory.

6. Avoid stress as it can also contribute towards hair loss.

7. Mustard oil is also helpful in hair loss treatment. Apply it once a week, with time you will notice thicker, fuller and frizz free hair.

8. Hair loss could also be due to lack of blood circulation. Invert your head during shower to promote blood circulation. Massaging your scalp also improves blood circulation, so make sure to massage your scalp with oil at least once a week.

9. Go for a mild shampoo which is free from Sodium Laureth Sulfate or Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. As these ingredients can get really harsh.

10. The ones suffering from dandruff can also encounter hair fall. Here is an excellent remedy, take 2 egg yolks with 2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, beat the egg yolks and vinegar together. Wet the hair and then massage in the mixture. Leave for 30-40 minutes and then rinse off. You will see great improvement.

11. Crush few leaves and flowers of hibiscus and boil it with two to three glasses of water. When the water becomes thick, then use this water to wash your hair. It would gently clean your hair from any impurities and would prevent further hair loss.

12. Eat all types of fruits and vegetables since it is rich in essential minerals and vitamins this treatment.

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge