Please help - Rogaine post HT

Hi everyone,

I am now 05 months after my hair transplant. I have started using Rogaine foam 01 week ago with daily use of Revita shampoo.

It has been one week since I have started using Rogaine foam, I seem to be struggling with it. I seem to be using too much of the Rogaine on my scalp. When it dries it leaves a white film on my scalp. I am not worried about using too much, but I certainly concerned about damaging the grafts by using too much of Rogaine. II am using three squirts from the can and it seems to be too much. I am starting to use less and less, but I am concerned that I may have already caused permanent damage to the grafts by using too much.

Do you guys think I may have done any damage. I am 05 months post op and yet to see results :(. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nothing to worry about you can't damage the grafts with too much minoxidil. If you don't like how the liquid leaves your hair, give the foam a try. The foam is also available in generic now which is much cheaper.

Hey Greatjob,

I am using Rogaine foam. Whenever I use it I get a film of white stuff on my scalp. I am kind of paranoid of using too much and I think I may have permanently damaged my grafts by using too much foam for 1 week. I use 3 squirts from the can and Ito cover front and back and I end up having a thick white film on my scalp.

I am 5 months post op with no results :(

There is very little you can do past 1 month post op that will harm your grafts, so you could literally bathe your head in minoxidil and it would not harm your grafts at this point. 5 Months is still early have you been taking progress pics? Who was your doctor? Again 5 months is early days but more information it needed to determine if your concerns are valid, but you have nothing to worry about at this point in regards to applying minoxidil