Looking for HT in CA

Hello, I'm 27 years old male looking for HT. I think I'm at level 5..maybe 4 (i know its not called level ;), I have visited Bosley in Sacramento, CA and if I were to have a surgery with Bosley, it would be in San Francisco, CA (has any have had their procedure there?). I have been reading alot of forums and alot of people recommend finding a clinic rather than going with big names like bosley. I am willing to travel to India (i'm originally from India, Punjab) to get the HT. If you guys know of good Doctors (from personal experience or from your friends or family) please let me know. I think I will go with FUT because it seems like a more permanent solution, however, I would like to know how long does it take to recover (scars). Guys, I would really appreciate your help. I will be posting picture in a week or so, gonna get a hair cut so it will be clear ;) Thanks

deff dont goto bosley, they are the worst of the worst, and i think maybe you should check out dr deip in cali hes very good, the scar may take some time, maybe 4-6 months, im at month 3 and its still pretty red

I have long hair in the back so don't know if that will help conceal the scar. What about the transplant area, how long did it take for the redness to go away? Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely recommend Dr. Yazdan. He's located in Orange County, California. I had my strip procedure with him 5 months ago. My hairline and hair density really turned out great! He's a really approachable doctor and I felt comfortable talking to him and asking questions. From what I have heard scars heal on a per person basis (varying on your skin type and tone) but my scar line actually has hairs growing out of it so it's barely noticeable. Good luck in making your decision! Though its a scary process, I am definitely really happy I decided to go through with it!

deff dont goto bosley, they are the worst of the worst, and i think maybe you should check out dr deip in cali hes very good, the scar may take some time, maybe 4-6 months, im at month 3 and its still pretty red

did you have a surgery with dr. diep? did you consult with him?

personally i consulted with him and decided not to go with him. consultation felt rushed as he was consulting during/inbetween surgery.

whats weird is when i get out of the showwer or if its hot it gets red, and i have a feeling that wont ever go away, i no a guy who had it done a while ago and his is red when its hot out

How common is permanent redness in the recipient area? How about the scar area?

jazzy186,

Welcome! There are a number of excellent surgeons in CA that we recommend. We also recommend surgeons in India and around the world. You may want to check out our interactive map here. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

I think I will go with FUT because it seems like a more permanent solution

I'm not sure what you mean by this as both strip and FUE are "permanent". However, there are pros and cons to each and you should most definitely take the tame to research them before making your decision.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website