Anyone managed to get Avodart on NHS prescription (UK) for hair loss?

psychopomp2

Hi

Thinking of adding Avodart 0.5mg (Dutasteride) to my Propecia regime, but only 1-2 capsules per week. I believe Avodart is available on NHS prescription in UK for treatment of BPH so potentially free of cost. I'm gonna see my GP next week in Scotland and convince her to prescribe it to me on the NHS (so would get it free :P) but in the meantime would love to hear from anyone who's managed to get it on the NHS.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a GP at my local medical practice yesterday and she basically told me to get lost re: getting Avodart on prescription...NHS or private. Then i asked her to issue me with a repeat prescription for propecia for 6 months (private prescription) and at first she refused. When i pointed out that another GP (same practice) had already prescribed me propecia previously, she backed down and reluctantly wrote out a prescription. Felt like strangling the old hag :P

Anyway i know someone in Spain and he's agreed to send me a 30 pack of Avodart since Avodart is availble over the country in Spain. Should last me a good 6-7 months (just taking 1 capsule a week)