Medication help with the aim of improving my situation for a hair Transplant

Hi Fella's

I have being a regular visitor to this site and others for many years now, this is my first post! I have been thinking about getting a hair transplant for a long, long time and whilst I've been thinking about it I've continued to go bald. A little bit of my history,

I started finastaride whilst I was relatively young and still had most of my hair; to put it bluntly it did jack shit!!! I continued to lose my hair; I stayed on it for a couple of years with no real benefit. When Avodart was released in the UK I went over to that unfortunately that also did jack shit. I stayed on avodart for about a year and a half and then went back to fin for another year or so, about two maybe three years ago I thought sod this am not taking this anymore it isn't doing anything. I've read on the forums recently of people being advised to take half a fin tablet if they had not responded to the medication like myself. Has anyone had any positive or negative reactions from increasing the dose? I am considering trying fin again at a higher dose but I am worried if this is safe and if it would actually make a difference anyway.

I posted this question on another site but I didn't get much feedback. Thanks in advance.

I have no experience with doses over the 1.25 mg approx. you get from one quarter of a proscar pill, but remember the pill is manufactured in 5mg dosages. I imagine you were just taking the average 1 - 1.25mg daily dosage like most men do. A higher dose is more likely to cause side effects, but if not exceeding 5mg per day then you will be taking an amount which is considered safe.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks for replying.

Your right I was cutting up the 5mg pill, religiously I may add! I had no side effects from the tablets; well to be honest I had no effects from the tablet at all. I reverted to the Fin because the dosage could be regulated better because the tablet could be divided. I know the tablet is used at 5mg but that's by older people, my concerns are more related to having children in the future which isn't a concern for the older chap. I see you're an online consultant for Dr Rahal. He is one of the surgeons I am considering his hair lines are fantastic and his scars are very neat. The other is Hanson and Wong because I am going to need a lot of work.