How much does the choice of Doctor matter ?

I am about to get Hair Transplant done by a very famous doctor.

With that doctor, while all patients post excellent reviews just after their transplant, I have found a few posts where the patients complain of a lot of transplanted hair having fallen off one year after the transplant.

I was wondering if there could be something wrong with the way the doctor does the transplant, or is this because of carelessness from the patients ?

If the doctor is not at fault then I should not be bothered about these reviews right ?

wishtogrowhair,

Welcome to our community. In my opinion, physician selection is vital in determining the outcome of the result. Moreover, fame doesn't make a physician great - hard work and dedication to state of the art hair restoration does - along with a proven consistency in producing excellent results.

I encourage you to take your time to research today's surgical hair restoration techniques and the surgeons that perform them prior to undergoing your own procedure.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for the answer Bill.

I don't understand though. How would results of one year later matter ? If the patient has reasonably good enough hair after 8 months, what are the technical factors that could cause hair-fall later, and how would the physician be responsible for it ?

Hair goes through cycles, even transplanted hair. It's possible that these people are just experiencing a seasonal shed. To my limited knowledge, the only way transplanted hair can be permanently lost is if it's harvested outside of the "safe" zone.