Think I'll be able to save my hair? Pics

Hey man,

You have 3 options

1) Get on the big three (finasteride, rogaine and Ketaconazole). Seriously, people have been on finasteride for long times and it isa safe drug. Obviously, take it under your doctor's monitoring, if you are thst concerned.

- Finasteride - Start with .25mg and work your way upto 1mg.

- Rogaine - Use the foam, you will see people say liquid is the same, but personally I have seen better results with foam anf it is much easier to usr the foam.

- Ketaconazole - Nizoral 2% shampoo, not more than twice a week. Seriously, use it more than twice a week at your own risk. I have seen accelarated shedding and dryness with more than twice a week use.

2) If you are over 25 and you think your hair loss has stablized then you can start researching on getting an HT. You will see plenty of information on this forum and people here are generally very knowledgeable and helpful.

3) If you can shave it and forget about then it is the best option. I cannot do I, but if you can more power to you.

Now, before you start leaning towards the 2nd option, you may want to start on the 1st option, because you may be abke to get 5-10 years on drugs alone. If you do want to skip option 1 and go straight with option 2, you may be put on finasteride to maintain your existing hair.

Sorry for the long reply, just wanted to give you as much information as possible.

I agree completely with this advice. Stabilize first with no side effects and then you will be a candidate for a HT. If you are unable to stabilize then ultimately it comes down to how many years you got left on this rock and considering a HT knowing that you will continue to lose and end up on a HT treadmill or just shave it.