Temporal/Triangular Alopecia Hair Restoration

This is my first post here so please be patient...

I am about to turn 25 years old. I have Triangular Alopecia, which has caused a bald spot on one of my temples. No hair has grown there since birth. The other side is normal.

No matter what I do or how I try to get my hair cut, a bald spot always shows up. This is why I have started looking at hair transplant options.

The problem I have run into, though, is finding someone to do a good job in my area for a reasonable price. (I know good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good, but I don't want to get ripped off, if you know what I mean)

I am located in Toronto, Ontario. It seems that most of the "popular" doctors here either a) have a bad reputation or b) charge an exorbitant price. I know it will be expensive, but $6,000 to fix this seems a little high for me.

I checked the "recommended surgeon" tool on the top of this site and they recommend Rahal, but I can't really get to Ottawa to have this treatment done.

I mean, I know nothing about hair transplant surgery, but compared to some of the other cases I read about on here, it doesn't seem like my problem would be that big of a deal to fix. (Ie. hairline doesn't really need reconstructing, just fill in a spot...)

The images of my issue...

Pic #1 is the "Problem" area

Pic #2 is the same area with a ruler for scale

Pic #3 is the opposite temple

Pic #4 is what the "Problem" area looks like with long hair

Any advice? Recommendations?

Thanks in advance

q.jpg.20c845827cdfcff812d680f796f0988c.jpg

r.jpg.63fb0e4204d8fbb46617c59acf437cb9.jpg

s.jpg.96e090ba084b945086dbe88f46700ce4.jpg

Side.jpg.8f500fb17c8cac54a7984d702a6cb979.jpg

In your situation I would stick with FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), however that's where the limiting factor begins. Not all Dr's offer FUE, let alone are well versed in the method. Then on top of that you're limiting yourself to only the Toronto area which shrinks that Dr. pool down even more.

I know Dr. Quatela operates out of Rochester,NY which is right across the border from Toronto and is a shorter drive than Ottawa, but my initial recommendation would've been Dr. Rahal. There are quite a few recommended Docs that would be great for your case, they just might not be located in Toronto. Even if this is a minimally invasive operation for a small recipient area, it still is an operation. This is permanent for life, don't let a few miles sway your decision.