Dr Damkerng Pathomvani​ch or Dr Radha Palakurthi would love some help choosing :)

Dr damkerng pathomvani​ch or Dr Radha Palakurthi

So I have been doing quite a bit of research on HT surgeons. Come to the conclusion the Australia is way to expensive and I'd like to have time off afterwards to recover.

After a lot of searching Dr Path in Thailand seemed to have a good reputation, I've travelled quite a lot through Thailand so I'm used to the ways of the country so it seemed like an obvious choice, considering prices compared to those in Australia.

I've had a consultation via email with Dr Path and they have been nothing but professional thus far.

But the thing is this year I planned on backpacking through India which got me thinking that once I have saved enough I would start my adventure by getting a HT.

So my question is how do i decide between the two ? So wondering if anyone that has had HT done by Dr Dr Radha Palakurthi could help in telling me about their experience ? how did the HT turn out ?

How is the surrounding area ? ...cause I'd plan on relaxing for a few weeks afterwards, seems like a nice beach spot from all pics.

Any info that could help me make a decision would help greatly

Thanks Beach :)

Dr. Radha has a good rep in India and abroad. She does strip procedures though. Presuming you are okay with that I think the results posted on here speak for themselves. Very small scar, very clean work, and I read patients writing how she has a "team huddle' and strategy drawn up on the chalkboard. Seems to be a professional approach. Price can't be beat of course either, but in addition results seem good. One patient per day. Personally involved, these are what I have read.

That about sums up most of my research Recedingboy :) From all reports I will get a good outcome either way.

ahhahaahha din't read about the team huddle anywhere, sounds like good vibes in her surgery then :)

Yes I believe that I will take the path of strip surgery, I've come to except the possibility of a scar, I consider this a small price to pay, if I can get my hair and some more confidence back.

Will keep researching and see what info tips the scales.

Cheers mate.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my HT with Dr Radha a few days ago (I'll post up details once i have some time and get the pictures). The general feedback on the forum about her is spot on. If you've noticed a tone of effusiveness in reviews from her patients, it's easy to see why when you interact with her. She's very professional, articulate and courteous. I'm happy with the way the surgery went, the work on the scalp is very neat. After a couple of shampoo washes there are no more blood spots either and the scalp looks like i've trimmed my hair down to a millimeter albeit a bit darker. Of course, there is still a long way to go but i'm hopeful.

I have no idea about Dr.Pathomvani​ch but FWIW, i think Dr.Radha worked with Dr.Pathomvani​ch in Bangkok before relocating to India. I didn't do anything in Visakhapatnam but i liked the place and hope to revisit sometime again (I'm Indian). But please note that Visakhapatnam can get very humid and rest of Andhra Pradesh gets very hot in summer. So if you're planning to visit during summer, you might have to stay indoors for a few days after the HT else you risk sweating profusely.

Orissa is near by, so you can consider looking at Konark temple, Chilka lake etc once you've recovered.

Edited by Tyrion