Has anyone done a FUT and a SMP combo?

I had two strip procedures(about 3,000 grafts) and one FUE(about 800 grafts) into my scar. I am scheduled to have a temp SMP done in about a month at a well known facility here in the states who just started this technique so I am somewhat of a guinea pig for them as they have only done a few patients thus far.

• 2 weeks later...
Would this be an ideal long term solution?

Hello Socrates,

Yes the relative newness in this procedure makes data scarce for the moment. It's practice is growing among some centers. Ours is one. This article may provide some insight:Hair Restoration Blog » Blog Archive » FUE and SMP Can Resolve Hair Loss

I will check our image gallery to see if more result images are available. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum