post op FUE, lifting heavy weights

Hi everybody,

I need some informations about my case. I had a 3350 FUE surgery last 5th and 6th of March, with Dr Beyhan (Istanbul), and my job is deliverer.

The doctor said to take 14 days off but I came back to work on the 13th day post op, I was bored to stay at home and I judged my case as good enough.

My job consist in lifting weights during 7 hours a day.

Is there any risk I damaged my growth coming back to job earlyer than what the doctor advised?

I am wondering too if my job refrain the vascularization of my scalp. I've red that physical activity divert the blood flow more into muscles.

Please help me because it is my first HT and I am very anxious.

I don't think 1 day would make any difference one way or the other. The advice on how long to avoid strenuous activity seems to vary quite a bit from clinic to clinic. You should ask your clinic if they think that your specific job duties will be a problem or not.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

airnow,

I agree that there is probably very little difference between 13 and 14 days. Also, Levrais already stated, advice regarding the return to strenuous exercise varies. The best thing to do is to contact your doctor for his recommendation.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

If you are to return, I wouldn't do any type of crunches or ab work as that my pull on the donor area. If you must return, I would keep the weight very light and work through high reps and super sets to achieve a nice pump and that would be it.

I am an avid weight lifter and will be sidelined due to my recent operation I had this past Monday. It's tough but, use this time in positivity to think of it as a nice full break for your body and cns to recover.

You'll come back a tick weaker and not as much stamina but, that will all come back quickly and then you will surpass your previous level and make for some new gains :)

• 3 months later...