Finistride

I recently had a FUE hair transplant and was prescribed Finistride 1MG. I took them for 1 week and then stopped.

My friend told me that because i had weak hair at the back if i have stopped taken them then the weak grafts could just die out.

I stopped taking Finistride but some one said it will help the weak grafts to grow otherwise the weak grafts can die.

he said there's a hormone that could prevent some of the less stronger grafts from becoming strong and die out

And he said it's important because otherwise the planted roots can be rejected and not grow he said ur hair roots really do need it for the first 6 months

Is this true??

I'm not sure if I'm following you but, let me put it this way...

Hair transplant donor grafts are taken from the permanent zone at the rear and side of the scalp where hair are genetically resistant to the the effects of the hormone DHT which causes male pattern hair loss. For most men, these harvested hairs will grow for life after being transplanted just as they do in their native location.

Because hair loss is progressive, finasteride is often recommended in order to preserve any remaining native hair int he balding area and perhaps even regrow hair that has already been lost. It is not neede to preserve or even improve the growth of the transplanted hairs.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website