Setting a HT date

Hey,

So just need some opinions on how did planning for an HT went for u guys who had an HT ..I mean many top notch clinics have bookings for about 3 4 months and so setting a fixed date in so advance without knowing what would come up ..I know it varies from person to person and this might even be a stupid question but if someone wants to share their procedure and if anything happened and if the clinics were good enough to understand the issues..

Thanks

Not exactly what you're asking for, but I figure I'd share my experience.

Attended consultation. Booked the procedure after 1 week of deliberation (5 months out being earliest possible). Told boss I needed to take that day off. Got said day off. Had procedure 5 months later as planned. Went to work the next day.

lol but that's just me.

Maybe I am just getting a little nervous and asking stupid questions as had a consultation today and thinking of going for the HT ... its this 1 week of deliberation thing that I guess I M into now ..The latest date from one clinic I have is july and I am thinking of going for it ..and hey u went to work the very next day and nobody noticed anything ...and looking at ur profile you have kind of the same hairloss as me and same age..hope its going well :)

What doc did you do the consult with? What level of hair loss do you have?

You can go back to work the next day, but it WILL be noticeable. Unless you do a small FUE session and the shaved area in the back is small, and the recipient area is not shaved and the existing hair covers the recipient zone.

Otherwise, I would take as much time off as you are able. Looking normal again is different for most and epends on the session size, your Norwood level and other factors

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Evan here's my thread which has my pics

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169688-nw-grafts-assesment-pics.html

..I am thinking of going with either Dr Cooley or Dr Dorin..Had a talk with both and they suggested I would need around 1600 to 1800 grafts ...I know cost should not be a factor but both have comparable costs and both do great work..Which Doc in ur opinion does more better Hairline work and Scar work..

Also was just reading a post here in which one guy had really bad scar which was too much stretched and looked bad and so just thinking which way should I Go FUT or FUE ..

Oh hey I remember seeing your other thread GMSH. Actually you have a stronger forelock and better frontal density than I had pre-op. From my research, the wise words of others on this forum, and the advice of Doc's, I would recommend FUT if anything at all. The reason being you are young like myself, and it's in our best interest to preserve the donor area as much as possible.

If you do get a sub 2000 transplant, I'd warrant you could be out and about quite quickly, as you have some decent native hair to cover with. Or if your job allows it, wear a hat! That's the main reason I was able to go to work the next day. First, I specifically grew my hair for 3 months prior to the surgery, and then wore a hat. The hair in my donor area completely covered the incision, including staples. The hat was more for protecting (and hiding) the recipient area. No one suspected or questioned a thing.: cool:

Honestly, I would agree with what some of the others said in the post you linked. You are bothered by your hair now, just as I was when I was 27 and I am glad that I waited until my early 30's. But from the pics, your hair looks good. Remember, we are our own worst critics.

I would take a deep breath, step back and really analyze your level of loss and where you think that you will be in five years. I would wait until your hair loss progresses a little further before getting into the HT journey. Once you get the 1500-1800 grafts for your hairline, where is your mid scalp going to be in the next five years? Planning is very important when dealing with a HT.

I think you are in good shape right now. Enjoy your hair and as the loss progresses, re-evaluate and then seriously think about a HT.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

thanks for the advice guys..To be really honest my hairs have started to bother me and I miss my hairline :( ..I hate spending time on styling my hairs ...One thing I know for sure that I don't want to shave my head at all so sooner or later will have to go for a HT ..and this is just my personal thinking that say if I need 1800 right now and say that I wait for 30's and my hair loss progresses then I would need 3000 ..so why not do 1800 right now and then 1200 afterwards ..atleast my 20's will be hairy ..

And also I have seen one guy who used to work with me and he had a good hairline and was really bald from the mid and top..not sure if he had a transplant or not but he didn't look that odd to me.. I think now this is just me convincing myself that everything will be alright :)

From my research, the wise words of others on this forum, and the advice of Doc's, I would recommend FUT if anything at all.

What made you chose FUT over FUE ..lets leave the cost aside..And Btw how is your scar..That is one thing that worries me