Help! - Unable to open URL in IAHRS Hair Transplant Info Center

socates123

(Sorry moderators if this is not the appropriate avenue to ask the question, please move it at your discretion)

Dear all, I'm currently doing my research and I would like to ask, does anyone have the link to the following query that a member asked:

"I’m Asian, Chinese to be exact, and was curious about any distinct traits of “Asian hair” that may present unique challenges for hair transplant operations. I understand that Asian hair is typically comprised of 1 or 2 follicular units which is the reason the why most Asians have very straight hair. Does this mean it’s harder for Asians to receive a cosmetically successful hair transplant since they have less follicular units? What challenges does this present for the performing hair transplant surgeon? Does this mean “dense-packing” is really important for Asian hair procedures? Would Asians need more grafts to cover a similar area compared to non-Asians since they have less follicular units? Any comments on these issues and any specific guidance for prospective Asian patients would be greatly appreciated. – Alex"

"Dear Alex: Thank for your letter. You certainly have a grasp of the unique traits and “Asian hair” and you bring up some interesting questions about the implications of hair restoration in the Asian population.

You are correct that in Asians the follicular units tend to have one or two hairs on the average rather than two, three, and four hairs, but I don’t necessarily believe that that is the reason that Asians have straight hair. Read the Story"

However, I'm unable to open the url (hairloss.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/asian-hair-transplant-guidance/#more-193), which the doctor answered.

Does anyone have the direct link, I would be most grateful.