What NW Class was Ben Franklin?

Hello again, though his hair is long in the permanent zone the full loss of hair on the top of his head would probably class him ans NW 4 to 5. This being said because could not get a good visual on the crown of the head to make it clearer. It will be interesting if any of our HT doctors chime in. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Hello again, though his hair is long in the permanent zone the full loss of hair on the top of his head would probably class him ans NW 4 to 5. This being said because could not get a good visual on the crown of the head to make it clearer. It will be interesting if any of our HT doctors chime in. All the Best, Michael

What is the "permanent zone"? Is that in essence the area of the head where hairloss will not occur?

Also, any other thoughts on Mr. Franklin's NW scale? I want to grow my hair long but am worried about going bald...Currently somewhere between a NW1 or 2....But if I went to something like Franklin's I might grow it out anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
What is the "permanent zone"? Is that in essence the area of the head where hairloss will not occur?

Also, any other thoughts on Mr. Franklin's NW scale? I want to grow my hair long but am worried about going bald...Currently somewhere between a NW1 or 2....But if I went to something like Franklin's I might grow it out anyway.

Hello LookingToLearn,

The permanent zone is the back and sides of the head which do not loose hair as MPB progresses. The hair follicles are genetically programmed in that resist the negative effects of DHT. This is why they are used in hair transplant surgeries. Benjamin's Franklin has pretty advanced hair loss viewing historical images. Almost the entire top of his head appears to be bald. This would easily put him at NW 5 or 6. If you believe you are an NW 1 or 2; no reason not to grow your hair long if you like it that way. I hope this helps and look forward to hearing back from you. All the Best, Michael.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum