18 months+ Question

Hi gents

I had an FUT procedure to lower my hairline with a coalition doctor in September of 2011. I don't suffer from MPB and wasn't receding - I just wanted a lower hairline.

18 months on and, while all the grafts have grown in, I'm very concerned that the texture of the transplanted hairs remain thin and wispy and different to my native hair. Admittedly, I was a slow grower so I may have to wait a bit longer for the hair to mature.

I have no problem with waiting since I've already waited 18 months but my question is this: If all the grafts have grown in, can I expect them to eventually mature and thicken?

Has anyone here had a HT in which the transplanted hairs didn't thicken and mature . . . EVER?

I can't help you since I'm only 2 months post-op but I had the same type of procedure. I sure hope I'm not waiting 18+ months for mature hair! Are you taking any supplements? I'm on Biotin and MSM+C. I hope it helps.

Thanks for your reply, xtatic5. I'd have thought my question would have garnered greater interest but maybe people need to see pictures.

Anyway, I'm not on any medication or supplements because I'm not losing my hair; the procedure was just to lower my hairline.

I'd appreciate any additional responses.

The hair certainly can continue to mature and change its texture. Hair grows in cycles and you have to remember that your transplanted hair, while your own, is not naturally occurring and has been through quite a bit of trauma (as has your scalp). Think about a child's hair and how much it changes from infancy to adulthood. Give it some more time. You also might want to try some high end styling products. I just started using macadamia but oil products and they have done wonders for my HT texture. There are also some great thickening products out there.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks for your reply, xtatic5. I'd have thought my question would have garnered greater interest but maybe people need to see pictures.

Anyway, I'm not on any medication or supplements because I'm not losing my hair; the procedure was just to lower my hairline.

I'd appreciate any additional responses.

I'm not losing hair either. Biotin and MSM increase your growth rate and thicken the hair shaft.