Dr. Maras - HDC Hair Transplant Clinic - Crown 1909 Grafts Strip

Hello everybody,

Below you can see the progress of a 1900 graft Strip procedure performed by Dr.Maras who is the medical director of HDC hair transplant clinic and was supported by the rest of HDC's medical team.

The graft breakdown is as follows:

single hair follicle: 275

double hair follicles: 1229

trible hair follicles: 405

Total: 1909 grafts

Regards

Alex

BEFORE

Before1_zpsd8e90fa7.jpg

Before2_zps0badafdc.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER

Postopafter1900strip_zpsdf6825bd.jpg

9 MONTHS POST OP

9monthsafter_zps0c0713b7.jpg

DONOR 9 MONTHS POST OP

NonVisibleScar_zps7efc2713.jpg

Edited by ALEXD

Alex Demetriades

International Patient Coordinator

HDC Hair Transplant Clinic

---------------------------------------------------

Dr. Maras is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Alex,

Thanks for presenting this result. I'm a bit surprised to see such a stellar looking result in what appears to be such a bald looking crown with only 1900 follicular units.

Is this patient using any non-surgical treatments? If so, for how long? Did he start using them before or after surgery?

Are both the before and after picture consistent in your use of flash? For instance, I can tell that the before picture of the crown was taken with flash (which from this angle of the scalp, makes the hair appear thinner) whereas I'm not convinced the after picture is using flash (which would make it appear thicker).

Also, it appears that the scalp is angled more downward in the after picture, which could make the crown appear thicker even without surgery.

Furthermore, the hair in and above the occipital region is combed upwards in the after picture (in comparison to where the hair is combed downward in the before picture), which may be aiding the appearance of density in the crown after surgery.

I know it's not always easy to take photos that are 100% consistent. However, I think it would be helpful if you could present several additional photos showing multiple angles of the scalp that are more consistent with one another before and after surgery. Please also provide information on whether or not the patient is using non-surgical treatments.

I look forward to learning more about this patient and seeing additional photos.

Bill

Hi Bill,

The patient started using HDC drops that contain 2% minoxidil one month after surgery ad he is still using it until today. He is not on Finasteride as he does not like to take pills.

All the photos were taken with Flash but with different camera, as the before photos were taken in our main clinic and the after photos in another town that we have a treatment center with a different camera and different natural lighting.

It is true that the angles are not exactly identical but this result is so full that whatever angle you use it will still be full.

I will try to get the patient in, to take photos from more angles and present them.

Regarding how hair is combed, I want to say that this is how the patient came back for evaluation without us touching his hair. We just took some pics to have his full result.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

International Patient Coordinator

HDC Hair Transplant Clinic

---------------------------------------------------

Dr. Maras is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network