Propecia

antony

Hello everyone. Just wanted to say that i discontinued using propecia (finasteride) this week. I have been using it for just under four years. In the last few months i have developed gynocomastia (enlargement of the breasts) and it is disturbing. I will now wait and see if this resolves on its own now that i have stopped using propecia, if it doesn't then the money saved for a transplant will be spent on breast reduction surgery. To bad too because the propecia was working so well. Just wondering if any other propecia users have run into the same problem. Thanks.

Antony,

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I hope the condition reverses itself and you don't need to spend your hair transplant funds to fix it. Keep us posted.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I'm scared to take propecia (finasteride)........ I just don't trust it... Plus I had prostate cancer and had my prostate removed (all is good) but I'm not sure how it would work....

Would you consider agjusting the dose, instead of coming off of it cold-turkey?

I had been taking 1.25mg daily for about 2 years, and after a while I developed libido problems. About 5-6 weeks ago I changed from taking it daily to taking it 3 times per week, evenly spaced out. I have noticed a definite improvement since!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Thanks for the feedback guys. Brian, glad all is well for you. I guess it is one of those things that what is helpful in one way can also throw you for a loop in another. I am hoping the minox alone will be enough to keep my hair stabilized. Johnny i have come of it cold turkey, no adjustment. I have had no sexual side effects at all from the drug, and i am seeing my family doctor soon to assess the gyno. Will keep you posted.

Edited by antony