Retin-A with Minoxidil?

Fayte

Hi guys,

I just read up about using minoxidil on the frontal region and Google brought up a drug called "Retin-A," which supposedly makes minoxidil in the frontal scalp effective.

Has anyone here have any experience with this combo, and has it worked for them? This is pretty new to me as I currently only use minoxidil on my entire scalp w/o any supporting topical cream, and I also use propecia.

Thanks!

I wouldn't advise it. I use Retin A everyday on my skin. It was very, very, drying at first until my skin got used to it. Combining the Retinin A with minoxidil I think would burn your skin and cause extreme drying. If your looking for a boost, get a minoxidil with Azeliec Acid in it. I just purchased a bottle of Lipogaine and trying it out. Currently I am on Rogaine foam 2x per day so I am alternating the Foam and Lipogaine.

I don't recommend it because it triples the absorption of minoxidil which may be a good thing but also triples the risks of side effects. Thomas 2012 FYI if you look at the list of ingredients with Lipogaine it contains retin-a. I had been using minoxidil liquid and foam for years with no side effects. Decided to try Lipogaine and after three weeks I got headaches,shortness of breath and periorbital edema all signs of Minoxidil over absorption. Some people use Lipogaine with no side effects but be careful and on the lookout for any of those side effects. So I stick with Regenepure shampoo and minoxdil foam for now because too many side effects from finasteride.

• 7 months later...