losing hair on propecia

i been taking it for about a month and at first it stoped the hair from falling out but now im losing again, shedding like be4,, i hear some ppl say there is a phase where you lose alot and it looks worse than be4 then it gets better,, anyone have any idea whats goin on?

i never went through a shedding period although i have heard some people have, the medicine takes time so youre just gonna have to wait , when i was at your stage of a month my testicles really ached but that went away after about 2 months

Propecia's product insert disclosure states that the inhibition period is approximately 60 days from initial use so usually the guys that end up experiencing a shed begin noticing it 2-3 months after starting it. Some earlier as in your case.

So it is not unusual for a shed to commence. IMHO, that is an indication that one's follicles are responding to the active ingredient, finasteride.

For most, the inital shed is momentary and after those follicles have rested, they will re-enter the growth phase and begin growing new hair shafts again.

I believe most doctors will still advise their patients to continue the medication as prescribed unless they have any other complications which could induce the doctor to pull back the frequency of consumption.

If ever in doubt, contact your prescribing physician.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Guest Kenneth Siporin

Some patients can experience a synchronization of the hair cycles when they start propecia, and this will manifest as increased hair shedding.

When an increased number of hairs simultaneously enter the telogen phase, this is noticed by the individual, as increased shedding.

In most cases this is a temporary and reversible process, and does not mean you are actually losing hair permanently.