Rogaine+Caffeine shampoo for hair loss

Hair2012

There is conflicting information about the use of both for hair loss because caffeine shampoo which contains caffeine is a vasoconstrictor and Rogaine a vasodilator. Plus there is data showing that caffeine augments skin permeability ( so less minoxidil could be absorbed by the skin). So shampooing in the morning and then applying Rogaine would not be a good thing because of they have opposing effects. What do you think ? Would less rogaine also be absorbed ?

Would it be better to use caffeine in the morning and rogaine at night only ?

FYI, I have tried Propecia and I had too many side effects including Gyno. Tried Lipogaine and got periorbital edema which is still lingering after 4 months (I believe the retin-A in Lipogaine causes too much minoxidil absorption in my case). also tried Lasercomb for one year and did not see much happening.

The caffeine shampoo worked well for the first two months (less shedding , some fine hair growth along temple area,more bounce and fullness to hair) but seemed to lose some of its efficacy after that. Has anyone heard or experienced this ?

Thanks for your help

No idea about that. I just started using Nizoral 2% twice a week (to kill DHT) and I've been using Rogaine Foam since 1 month exactly which just made me shed. Though 4 weeks have gone by .. Lets see if the shed stops and i see some improvements.

Lets see how it works. No idea about caffeine shampoo.

Hair 2012,

Its mind boggiling choosing a shampoo. Revita, Regenepure, Nioxin, Alpecin, Revivogan, Tricomin, etc. They all say they are the best, but who knows. The only only that shows it slows down hair loss that I have seen on this forum is a prescription strength, ketoconazole 2%, but beware. There are a lot of negative posts on over use and shedding. Once a week, maybe twice at the most with this. I personally have tried Revita and over the counter 1% ketoconazole ( Nizoral) 1%. I experienced some shedding and just tried it them for about 60 days. If 2% causes shedding with over use, a daily 1% ket. in Revita and Regenepure I would not personally do it. I am going to be trying Tricomin, with Copper Peptides and give it a try, I don't think the caffeine shampoos will do you any harm. Let us know which one you try and give some feedback. Thanks

Well Nizoral 2% is twice a week and THATS ALSO JUST FOR 2 TO 3 WEEKS !!!

Then it is just once a week to keep its effect and your scalp clean..

I'm into my second week with nizoral and using it twice a week .. No harm until now.. No loss too !

I've got a oily scalp so the scalp drying issue is not really a concern for me !

Well I tried Regenepure and its seemed to thicken my hair but I don't believe it should be used daily but maybe 3 times a week. The best result I got to stop shedding was N2 caffeine shampoo but after 2 months it seemed to lose effectiveness and my hair seemed to get thinner.I also read that it should not be used at the same time as Rogaine (vasodilator) because of opposing effects. Does anyone have any success combining the two or could share their experience ? I am going back to Regenepure for now.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone out there with experience combining Caffeine shampoo (Alpecin or N2 shampoo) with Rogaine ?

Hi, I did combine Alpecin with Rogaine around three years ago. I used both until the finished and then I reverted to my regular shampoo together with Nizoral 2%.

I have not noticed anything during the months I combined them. As a shampoo Alpecin was decent, VFM.