FUT set with Dr Arocha Feb 2013

Mallyboy

I'm an African-American male in need of a HT so I decided to take the leap. I did my research to find the best HT doctor that could work with my ethnic group. I first consulted Bosley but decided not to go that route based on my feeling about them. After further research I discovered Dr. Arocha on this network & discovered some good reviews about him. I met him four months ago & felt he could get the results I needed. Also, his assistant Kira is very nice & helpful by answering all my questions & concerns in a timely manner.

I will be posting my experience with the clinic post-op & to help others of my ethnic group with insight on where to go plus what to expect.

Mallyboy,

We are excited to have you in our office for a procedure! I believe that documenting your experience will certainly provide insight to others just beginning their research on HT!!! See you soon. Be thinking about what you want for lunch :)

~Kira

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hi All,

I finally had my FUT procedure done by Dr. Arocha today. Let me first say that the doctor & his staff (Graig, Maria, & Myra) are excellent. Let me outline what I did that day:

First, I meet with a nice lady at the front desk to take care of my financial matters. Kira is also nice but she wasn't in that day.

Second, the doctor & Graig took pre-op pics of my hair & discussed what areas to tackle first, in my case, the hairline, temporal, & mid-scalp areas. Also, I discussed the donor area & how big it might be.

Third, the procedure started by taking a few meds for relaxation & pain and a prick of a needle for numbness for the donor area. Honestly, I felt the prick from the needle but besides that no pain. The cutting of the donor area & the insertion of the grafts were painless.

Overall, I had a good time talking to the doctor & his staff plus the BBQ lunch was great. So if you are an African American I would highly recommend Dr. Arocha for a consultation to discuss yr hair loss problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Mallyboy,

Congrats to you on your new journey! This is surely an exciting time in your life and waiting for those results must be making you anxious! Remember not to overexert yourself and get some good rest during the first few days after the procedure. It would be great if you could keep us updated since this can be a good learning experience for those who are still considering a hair transplant. It is always nice to get a first-hand perspective from the patient themselves on their experience.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum