minoxidil question

bigwilly1234

I just had fue by dr john diep. im 2 weeks post op. Dr diep said i could use minoxidil after 2 weeks to speed up growth. my only concern is, if i were to stop using. hairs would start to fall out. i know this already. But what if the healthy hairs i still do have dont need minoxidil, and i still decide to use it. once i stop using minox will those healthy hairs be ruined because of the dependency they built on the minox. if someone could get back to me. that would really help. oh and another thing. what percentage og grafts permenently stay on versus how many fall off and stay off for good. its my understanding that some of the grafts dont take.

Hello big willy,

Minoxidil is know for some drawbacks as you described in some instances. Do you have any contraindications for finesteride (Propecia) have you talked to your HT doctor about it. Regarding percentage of grafts that survive and thrive after surgery it is of course particular to the patients well being and the skill of the HT surgeon and their team. As a rule our threshold is maximum 10% which would in most patient's not be noticeble. We typically give extra grafts if available from the donor hair once our numbers are met. Check again with your HT physcian and discuss why minoxidil and the effects longer term for you. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had been told you use after a month of HT. But i actually started using it after 4 months.

Use it as soon as you can. As you will loose some hair due to rogaine effect as well as shock loss.

After a month you'll see new hairs coming out totally !