Hairline repair question

altair

I have lived with a bad HT for 15 yrs. The hairline is to low and I have the barbie look. Can the old hairline be removed? I believe I saw on one site that a strip can be taken out from the old HT hairline just like a donor strip. Has anyone had this done? I just want to get rid of the old hairline and have some revision work done so i can cut my hair short and burn my hair piece which I wear to cover the old HT.

I have lived with a bad HT for 15 yrs. The hairline is to low and I have the barbie look. Can the old hairline be removed? I believe I saw on one site that a strip can be taken out from the old HT hairline just like a donor strip. Has anyone had this done? I just want to get rid of the old hairline and have some revision work done so i can cut my hair short and burn my hair piece which I wear to cover the old HT.

Altair~Much of what Smoothy said I also found to be true through my additional research and speaking with some of the top surgeons in the industry.If the hairline or old plug is within let say hypothetically an inch of one's eyebrow then some folks elect to have it removed/extracted by fue and then possibly redistributed as a fu in a natural grouped order.If you old work is located high enough,then you can hid/camouflouge the old work by stategically placing the fu's around them.Although,you need to discuss your options with your doctor.

Thanks for both comments. It seems that i do have some options to repair the hair line. However, does anyone have any idea about costs? I just do not have much money but desperately need to have repair work done. Again, thanks for the info.