Hi all,

I recently had a hair transplant from Dr. Humayun Mohmand (Recommended surgeon in this website) at their HTI Karachi (Pakistan) clinic. The service was excellent and I had 3129 grafts and this is my 1st session. I was classified as "level 6" baldness and I'm 30 years now. I was also recommended to take Propocia/Finesteride after HT for one year although the consultant at HTI Karachi Mr. Faisal Waheed said it's not a must to take Finesteride after an HT if I was concerned by its side effects. I also bought a HairMax laser comb. Meanwhile, I read in this website somewhere, that an HT surgeon in the US says that Finesteride may not add any extra value to people with level 6 baldness (shining crown :( ). Also, two neurologists here in my country both are MD, MRCP(UK) told me that Finesteride may have side effects such as sexual issues and thus asked me if possible, to avoid using it. Now, please some experienced here tell me:

1. Whether I need Finesteride to maintain my TRANSPLANTED hair ? (Or without Finesteride, would my transplanted hair also have the chance of getting affected by DHT ?)

2. Are there any chances that my donor area (current donor area) and transplated hair also getting affected by DHT later in my life perhaps ? (Does such thing happen generally or Surgeons select the the area which has no chance of getting affected by DHT ?)

I am fully happy with the services of HTI Karachi and they are always available for the queries and a very ethical & trustworthy clinic. However, I'd just like to know the views of the other members here.

Thank you for your time,

-----------------------------------------

3129 grafts by Dr. Humayun Mohmand (Awaiting results)

HairMax Laser Comb

Minoxidil 5%