Discomforts of hair Transplant

Are there any discomforts with undergoing Hair Transplant? My friend had one and he felt no pain. On the other hand, my dad had it with pain which he found was manageable. Is there anything to worry with Hair transplant?

It's probably worth splitting this up into stages. Strip removal is definitely the most uncomfortable bit. The surgeon will do this section by section, injecting local anaesthetic, excising the strip and then stapling or suturing. None of that is exactly painful but it can be very uncomfortable having your face pressed down against the couch for up to an hour. The next stage of recipient area incisions and graft placement is painless apart from the local anaesthetic that's injected as a nerve block for the entire scalp. Post-op, the main discomfort will be from the tightness due to the sutures or staples, particularly when you're trying to find a comfortable position to sleep!

Worst part for me was the length of the surgery, it's exhausting if you are having a megasession. But, even more than that was trying to sleep for the next two weeks.... Don't sleep on the suture line, do t sleep on the grafts... These are the thoughts that go thru your mind.

It's well worth it in the hands of a skilled surgeon!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website