Avodart after FUE

Hi Folks,

I'm just wondering if there are any issues taking Avodart before, during, and after an FUE procedure? From whatI understand, there are not, but I'm wondering if some folks have experience with this?

I remember reading another forum a few years back where Jotronic reported that some patients who were put on Dutasteride post-op had really stunning results. Since those patients were from H&W, they would have been FUT patients.

Is there any difference for FUE patients?

Thanks,

Sugar

Hi Folks,

I'm just wondering if there are any issues taking Avodart before, during, and after an FUE procedure? From whatI understand, there are not, but I'm wondering if some folks have experience with this?

I remember reading another forum a few years back where Jotronic reported that some patients who were put on Dutasteride post-op had really stunning results. Since those patients were from H&W, they would have been FUT patients.

Is there any difference for FUE patients?

Thanks,

Sugar

Because research into dutasteride for hair loss stopped with Glaxo's phase II trials, any effect post HT is all a bit anecdotal. One very small study suggested that adding 0.5 mg dutasteride a week to regular finasteride had an enhanced effect but this wasn't in the context of HT. But unlike minoxidil, there's no need to stop dutasteride pre-op. I can't see any reason why there should be a difference between FUE and FUT as once placed the grafts are the same. If you're relatively young, I'd recommend starting finasteride pre-op and then adding minoxidil a week post-op to help vascularisation of the grafts. If you've been on finasteride before and are thinking of switching to dutasteride, then remember that it has a long half-life and side effects can be a pain for some (e.g. reduced ejaculate). There's then the issue of what you do with dosing in the long-term.

I follow what you're saying, but wouldn't propecia effects post HT also be anecdotal, since no one has 'officially' studied this either?

Regarding side effects, I have no worries there. Propecia has given me none that I can notice in 13+ years, and I have T levels off the charts. At 39 mine are higher than 90% of men in their 20s.

I follow what you're saying, but wouldn't propecia effects post HT also be anecdotal, since no one has 'officially' studied this.

Absolutely, although I guess one just feels more confident with finasteride. That said, a friend of mine has done a brilliant hatchet job on drug companies called 'Bad Pharma' and Merck Sharp & Dohme are as bad as the rest.