New to HT need some honest advice

Hi I am new to this forum and have just joined today I have been reading through some of the forum threads and other websites to try and build up my knowledge base on HT's before undergoing any procedures.

I have a few questions which I would like answered if anyone can help in the best way, honestly please.

firstly i have heard a lot about Dr Bessem Farjo is he good? has anyone used him and does anyone have any real experiances from him they can tell me about.

secondly is there a way to pay for HT via monthly installments does Farjo offer this?

is it painful what methods would be less painful...?

thank you all so much also just as a background info I have a bit of thinning in the front and off the right of my head where my hair parts...im 29 years old and ive experianced this in the last few years slowely.

Thank you

Dr. Farjo is the only recommended HT surgeon in the UK. His results do seem quite conservative though...

many UK people go abroad, either to Belgium or to US/Canada.

I'm not sure about monthly payments but I think you can work out payment plans with doctors if it is an issue. You should try and do some online consults with lots of the top doctors recommended here. Don't let traveling put you off, I went from UK to New York for mine! Worth the small price for travel in order to hopefully obtain a better result.

No the transplant isn't painful at all. The numbing injections last 5 mins or so and aren't too nice, but it isn't that bad. The rest is pain free! If you have FUT then you'll have a scar at the back which will hopefully fade lots over time, at 5 months post op you can barely find my scar. If you do FUE it's even easier to conceal.

If you consult with many doctors and research enough you'll find what is right for you.

If you DO stay in the UK then definitely go for Farjo. There's lots of butchers here, he's definitely the best here but personally I think you can get a better result abroad.

Send your photos to the surgeons for their views.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Tommy thank you for your reply when you say a Farjo offers conservative results what do you mean by that? do you mean as in not a large change in appearance...?

Travel abroad would be out of the question as the cost alone would bulk up my expenses. I think consultations is the way to go to find out what exactly I need done and how much I need done, I read on farjos website the minimum charge is 2000 pounds this seems a little unfair what if I only need 400 grafts? or something that costs less than 2000 pounds

I am glad it is not painful I was worried about having my head sliced open if I did a FUT

I will be posting pictures soon to get some advice and some feedback frmo you guys.

Thanks again

why would he suggest less when clearly suggesting more grafts would make him more money is it a confidence thing on his behalf? or is he just cautious....?? sorry to sound so cautious

Do you have photos of your before and after HT please?

and how do I go about getting online consultations? sorry I am new to this

so you went to Belgium wow, ok 138 isnt bad not factoring in hotel etc... ok thanks

sorry for all the questions

Yeah, from what I've seen he seems to favour improvement over a radical change. Maybe it's okay for a really bald 60 year old who just wants to have some hair again, but personally I wanted to improve as much as possible. It seems he's as talented as anyone out there, he just doesn't seem to push it anywhere near as far as anyone else.

400 grafts would give you no change at all. This would only be ideal for probably some slight recession on one side!

Honestly, just travel. 2000 grafts for me was around 4-5 grand, plus around 600 for flights to USA and hotel. When you're going to be spending so much money on a life changing surgery, why balk at an extra 600 odd pounds when you'll almost certainly get an infinitely better result?

If you do decide to go to Belgium it'll be even cheaper. Send your photos to all the top docs on here and see what they say.

Feriduni and Bisanga are highly rated in Belgium.

US - Feller, Shapiro, Konoir, Lindsey, Charles and lots of others that post results here all the time

Canada - Rahal, Hassan & Wong

these are all the names that crop up all the time as being stellar. You're better off traveling to these than getting a budget transplant locally.

I have probably missed out several really great doctors but these ones just always come to me automatically off the top of my head. Do your research and save those extra pennies for the travel. Though maybe Farjo is for you! See what he says compared with what some of the others say who see your photos.

Good luck!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Hi

I wouldn't worry too much about the pain as it is not too bad. The worst part ( in my mind) is the healing of the donor area with FUT. FUE is a walk in the park but with both methods, you still need to consider "hiding" the work and the donor area.

As far as payment methods ( in the US) there are companies which offer payment plans and I would imagine a bank might loan you money with good credit. Right now, money is cheap to borrow so it is probably the best idea if you get a decent rate.

There are many good docs out there, just make sure you select a coalition doc suggested on here.

Good luck !

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!