prognosis? 18yo bad diffuse thinning, what can i expect from finasternide? *pic*

bitcoin253

i know everyone will respond to meds differently. but if im lucky and get a good response, what do you think i can expect with my hair? im a diffuse thinner (diffuse pattern alopecia, DPA) so i have alot of miniaturised hair all over my scalp but no receding hairline or bald spot. will this hair thicken up and make a significant cosmetic difference once dht is gone in afew grow cycles? in your opinion or by experience, just by looking at my picture do you think i could at least cover the widening part of my scalp? im sorry i know this is a question that might not have an objective answer but im just looking for any advice i can get before i start fin in a week or two.

thank you i really appreciate any advice it would really help me out

Snapshot_20121208_19.jpg.2d84c8b227fd4396a3717ff7c9bc8bb3.jpg

I really don't know man, but I feel your pain, especially at your age and the current state of your balding. Just try it man, but, from my experience and a lot of others, I would build your dosage up VERY slowly, as you may have sides, as many people seem to. Propecia isn't the poison that some hate spreaders online make it out to be, but it definitely does help if you start on a low dosage (maybe .25mg/ a quater of a pill) every 4 days or so, and then build that up to maybe 0.5mg every 3rd day a few months later. If after 5 months or so you can get up to 1mg daily without sides, then you've done the smart and safest thing, and I really think that a little propecia is better than non at all. you can definitely benefit from such low dosages.

I think propecia would thicken some of that up!

A ht could help you so much too...

get on propecia and minox for a year, then if it helps, a HT with a top doctor could help you look like Slash again. I feel your pain brother as I used to have hair similar to you..

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon