Zinc, Finasteride, Cod Liver Oil & Minoxidil. What do you use?..

rlc26

Just want to gather some opinion's.. I had my first transplant last year at 26, and my second 2 days ago around about exactly a year from the first.

Before the first i had not used Finasteride at all, and had tryed minoxidil only briefly years before and stopped.

Like most people i was abit anxious about the side effects that were documented about finasteride (generic propecia).

I was desperate to try it, i thought if there were side effects i would stop straight away. So i started the (fin) after the first fut transplant and 5%minoxidil i had no side effects.

But i have been using zinc, cod liver daily with the minoxidil and the 5mg (fin) cut into quaters and took a quater monday to thursday then of (fin) fri, sat and sunday but continued to take the zinc, cod liver and minoxidil on the days i had off (fin).

My diet also changed cut out all sweet stuff and pop and stopped eating bread and i have been training quite hard at the gym, i was using creatine aswel with no side effects even though thats been linked with hair loss (like everything seems to be, because knowone is 100% sure.) But i have stopped the creatine now.

Anyway i seem to have had some good growth in the area of my crown and the transplanted hair came through well in the last year with that combination.

Want to get some peoples opinions?. On what they have had good to positive results on?.

Also some ideas on the combination of say zinc with finasteride, or even creatine with finasteride maybe some of these drugs counteract eachother in a positive way?. Even if one on its own say creatine could have negative results?.

:)

Finasteride/propecia and minoxidil since March 2010

HT on frontal third in July

Nizoral 2% shampoo for two months or so

Cod liver oil tablets since last weekend

All looking good so far :) time will tell I suppose

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Everything been positive so far TommyLucchese?. Any side effects off any of the treatment?.

Forgot to mention in mine, i also used Alpecin shampoo extra strength but need to order more now its ran out.

How do you get on with Nizorol?. I might give it that a try.

Also i started once a week soaking my hair in coconut oil overnight as my hair is very dry and course and leaving the minoxidil off for that night.

I'll stop that for a good few weeks though while these grafts are settling into place.

p.s I didn't realise there was a minoxidil cream 12.5%, how are you getting on with this. Is it better than the liquid?. I have tryed the foam also, i have noticed abit of irritation off the liquid more so i think when i applied it directly to my crown but that comes and goes.

Also i did use minoxidil on the graft area at the front last year even though i think most would advise against this, especially in the early stages after a transplant.

0 side effects whatsoever

I really like the Nizoral. I can't say if it's helped my hair loss yet but each time I use it my hair gains great volume and feels nice

I get it from a place here in the UK but it's so overpiced, I'll switch to the 5% foam once I finish the rest of this supposed 12.5%

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Sounds good, im in the uk to tommy are you getting the Nizoral online?. Are you getting any results off the 12.5% cream and how long have you used that?.

How did your transplant go?. I'm sure the hairs have started to come through. I had a very positive experience off my first one to.

• 1 month later...

Hi Rob,

How are you getting on mate? You must be about 6 weeks out since your last trip to Dr Saifi?

I use Nizoral, I just get it from Boots mate, about 6 quid a bottle which isn't so bad as u only need a tiny amount every 2-3 days so it lasts a good while. I tend to use it about 3 times a week.

• 1 month later...
Sounds good, im in the uk to tommy are you getting the Nizoral online?. Are you getting any results off the 12.5% cream and how long have you used that?.

How did your transplant go?. I'm sure the hairs have started to come through. I had a very positive experience off my first one to.

Sorry, I only just saw this!

Yes I got good results from 12.5% cream but I've just switched to 5% foam now to see how it goes - cheaper and it's twice a day so I think it's worth a shot. I'd go back on the 12.5% if need be though, I liked it! Got very good results from propecia/minoxidil - both since March 2010.

My transplant went very well and it's looking good - there's lots of hair but I'm only at 7 months, lots of maturing and thickening to come I hope.

I get the Nizoral from Boots or a local Pharmacy, usually around 6-7 pounds.