Minox and Fina is good for a 31 y.o. NW2?

PeterPel

Hello everyone,

I have been reading this forum for a few days trying to learn as much as I can about hair loss. I am 31 years old and since I was 26 I noticed that I was starting losing more hair than I usually did. Looking at the Norwood scale, I think I am a NW2 and I guess it 's the right time to do something about my hairloss before I end like my father who is totally bald. I have been using a lotion from a german cosmetic company for 2 months after the recommentation of a friend but I can't say that I have seen any improvement. I have read here about the different medicine that help to restrain the hairloss but to be honest about it, I am kind of afraid of them. I would prefer something more natural but then again I really have not much confidence that herbs and oils will grow my hair back.

What do you think I should do? Is my fear of medicines solid? Or you think I should give it a try before it's too late?

Get on propecia and minoxidil right away man, the propecia will block the DHT'S from shrinking the hair follicle's. So you will keep the hair you still have, and in time you may get some new growth. The minoxidil will encourage new growth, you may experience new growth within 4 months with the minoxidil. But you must continue using the propecia. I don't know of any natural or herbal treatments that actually work,

If you just want to maintain what you have then yes get on Propecia. If you want to try to regrow then go with MInox as well, but honestly NW2 at your age is not bad so I would just focus on keeping what you have. Do you know at what age your father started balding and when he reached the NW6/NW7 territory? Just because your father is bald doesn't mean you will be as well.

What are your uncles, grandfathers like?

Thanks for the answers guys. So what dosage do you propose I have?

As for my father, he started losing hair at about 27 (just like me) and he reached NW7 at his 60's. I don't have any uncles and my grandfather died very young, before I was born. So i don't have many clues on heredity.

1mg daily propecia and 5ml twice a day minoxidil. I've been on this for two years now with no side affects.

It's really comforting to hear that you had no side effects! I 'm thinking I should give it a try and see what happens...

If you just want to maintain what you have then yes get on Propecia. If you want to try to regrow then go with MInox as well, but honestly NW2 at your age is not bad so I would just focus on keeping what you have. Do you know at what age your father started balding and when he reached the NW6/NW7 territory? Just because your father is bald doesn't mean you will be as well.

What are your uncles, grandfathers like?

who said his dad was a NW6 or 7? that's a pretty extreme stage of balding, a lot of men stop at NW5...

Well, my father has no hair on top of his head, only a few hairs here and there. He only has hair on the back of his head. I don’t know exactly what NW scale he is, but I’m guessing something around NW6 -7. Not a very good sign, right?

who said his dad was a NW6 or 7? that's a pretty extreme stage of balding, a lot of men stop at NW5...

Well the OP said

I think I am a NW2 and I guess it 's the right time to do something about my hairloss before I end like my father who is totally bald.

So I assumed it was NW6 or NW7, since NW5 is not quite "totally bald".

Well, my father has no hair on top of his head, only a few hairs here and there. He only has hair on the back of his head. I don’t know exactly what NW scale he is, but I’m guessing something around NW6 -7. Not a very good sign, right?

It's worth taking into consideration but it doesn't mean you'll end up in the same position especially if you take action with medicine now. Generally if somebody is destined to become a NW6/NW7 they will start losing hair at a very early age and since you're still a NW2 at 31 that doesn't seem to be the case. Don't mean that it still can't happen, but the chances are much lower.

It would be helpful if you could post pics of your hair, maybe you just have a mature hairline.