Encouragement for Hair Transplant Seekers

I have had extensive hair loss all my life. When I was 17 my girlfriend said to me "sweetie you are going to be bald".

By 30 I was a class 6 or 7 (depending on who was assessing).

In my mind there were more important issues than major hair loss.

However our society "judges" those with male pattern baldness. I have been the victim of teasing "your forehead goes all the way back" or "put a hat on. the reflection from your scalp hurts my eyes". These are stated without pain. When it became noticeable there was a very thin area "my best friend" would stand over it and stare at the balding area. That was aggravating.

The people who mattered to me accepted me as is - as do most healthy people.

On this web site there are people who say a Class 6 or Class 7 shouldn't get a transplant. Too much scalp, too little hair.

I took the plunge in June 2012. I had 4000 grafts.

I need to tell you how pleased I am. It is an acid trip to peer in the mirror and view this strange individual with hair. 4000 grafts frame the face.

My son (who unconditionally loves me with or without hair) said "Dad everyone else is getting older and you are getting younger".

Again there are so many more important considerations in life.

But hey it sure is neat to see a framed face with a forehead that does not go all the way.

Good for you Dwight. Genuinely pleased for you and what a great way to wake up on a Sunday morning and begin with a real positive post. Congratulations!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Good for you Dwight. Genuinely pleased for you and what a great way to wake up on a Sunday morning and begin with a real positive post. Congratulations!

Thank you for that.

I just went upstairs for a pee.

Had to look at the stranger in the mirror with hair.

It must be very difficult for a person to read my writing and understand the feeling of seeing "no hair" for 30 years. Then voila (or nearly voila) twigs on the barren soul.

I'm loving it.

Great post Dwight... Would you mind sharing any pics of your transformation?

I need to remind myself that I will post for those more advanced hair loss sufferers.

Younger folk with "minimal" hair loss - minimal to me - it is a big deal for the sufferer, may not understand how a few twigs can be so much fun.

Take care