Newbie questions post op three weeks- haircut & toppik

I had 1200 fue grafts around three weeks ago. My post op instructions says not to have a haircut for 30 days. I can't understand the logic for this, has anyone else heard of this requirement? The native hair has grown longer then the transplanted hair and the transplanted areas look very thin, I was hoping to buzz cut this to the same length on order to make it less noticeable.

Also, is it alright to use keratin fibres on the transplanted area? I have read that some people have experienced hair loss with toppik, I have some nanogen fibres will this be safe to use?

Many thanks iin advance.

You can get a haircut at this point, it's really more of a concern with FUT because of the scar being visible. Also in the first 10-14 days it's not a good idea to put a lot of pressure on the transplanted area and if you buzz your head it can be a little rough so that is why you see those instructions. Fibers will not cause hair loss. You can use them as long as you don't have any scabs on top of your head, but at 3 weeks I would imagine you don't.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians