grafts fall out?

Hello,

I just got my HT two days ago with DR. Dorin from True and Dorin and am going through the healing process. I recieved 1200 grafts mostly in the hairline and temporal area. I am not bald at all just receding and thinning. I have been reading my info booklet regarding what I have to do in the next two weeks. I read something about what to do if grafts fall out. How do I know if this occurs? What does that look like? If anyone can help I would appreciate it. THank you.

Hello,

I just got my HT two days ago with DR. Dorin from True and Dorin and am going through the healing process. I recieved 1200 grafts mostly in the hairline and temporal area. I am not bald at all just receding and thinning. I have been reading my info booklet regarding what I have to do in the next two weeks. I read something about what to do if grafts fall out. How do I know if this occurs? What does that look like? If anyone can help I would appreciate it. THank you.

In order to lose a graft after your procedure you would most likely see bleeding from the recipient site. When this occurs it is generally in the first 24-48 hrs. If you find 1 graft on the pillow or on your forehead in the morning it should not change your result since you have 1199 others. I tell patients that if in the first 2 days, they accidentally bump their head and a few grafts come out, they should immediately put them in a glass of water and then call me. I will meet them back at the clinic and attempt to reinsert them. as long as the graft stays moist it has a chance to survive. It has only happened 2-3 times in 10 years.