Dr Path

Hi any advice would be muchly appreciated.....ive decided to under go my hair transplant and have booked a date with Dr Path in Thailand. Im after advice on Hotels, best way to pay for treatment and most of all if anyone who has had hair transplants from Dr Path is willing to meet up with me so i can see his work first hand. I live in Sydney

This is a big decision as can be appreciated...just a bit scary going in blind, paying a whole heap of money, flights, accomodation etc without even knowing what to expect.

Thanx

Hi jonnny;

I had HT with him 13 months ago, check out my thread for the story and pics..

Dr Path emailed me at the time some hotels near by and i ended up staying at accor all seasons at the victory monument. I recommend the hotel as it was good price nice rooms and killer buffet breakfast in the mornings.. i ended up staying 9 days there. The clinic is about 2 or 3 sky train stops away and the train stop is practically out the front of the hotel with a couple minute walk but i caught taxi there and back. The ride only took a few minutes. If you need more info let me know.

The clinic is on one of the top floors of a building with a bank on the first floor. I ended up converting at the bank the day before the op and payed the clinic. The clinic sent one of the managers with me to bank and as i needed to get a couple of grand from the atm out the front they assigned a security guard to watch over me which was very comforting. I must say watch out for fees though if you are using the atms, i did a lot of shopping and took a lot cash from atms and got smashed with fees!!

I can understand exactly your fears as i went thru them a year ago. I trusted the view of this forum and took the punt and it worked out great for me. All i can say to comfort you is Dr Path and his staff are top notch in regards to your care. Dr Path is a very gentle guy who comes across very intelligent and confident. Once you meet him you will see. His work reflects his experience. His staff from the girl at the reception to the nurses and technicians are all very caring. I felt 100% at ease from the moment i was called in to the waiting room. You will be fine mate dont stress.

Post op Dr Path suggested i catch the sky train to the shopping centres to get my mind off the op. Initially i was very cautious of catching public transport and asked my hotel staff for a cab but they all advised a cab ride would be 40 minutes to the shopping centres and only a few minutes with train. Dr Path told me the trains were air conditioned and i was very suprised at how clean and cool they were when it was stinking hot outside. Shits on the melbourne trains i can tell you that. So i ended up catching the train all the time to get around. I found it very easy to use the system and felt secure as all the people on the trains were courteous and civil. And at each station there were police on guard and i felt very safe. I totally recommend.

I am not in Sydney but if you look at my pics you might get an idea of the success i had. Yesterday i had a haircut with 3 guard at the back and sides and cannot see the scar at all which is fantastic. My only concers are now density which can be a bit better but until hair greed kicks in i am very content with the results. I can always have another op to improve density but then again i may not as i am very happy with the results overall.

I can honestly say this HT changed my life. I did not know the extent at the effect of losing hair had on me mentally. It was so draining. I was very easy to get grumpy and was grumpy. I had terrible sleeps last 10 years and didnt know why but since the HT i am having the best sleeps waking up so fresh in the mornings. This has been a fantastic yet unexpected side effect and has improved my life dramatically.

So i say go for it mate and as i said dont stress too much enjoy every minute of it. The hardest part of the whole HT thing is the waiting for growth and the infamous ugly duckling stage.

Best of luck and if you need further info let me know.

BTW When is your procedure?

Cheers

JF

Edited by jollyfolly

Wow thank you very much, yea i suffer from severe depression because of my hair loss, a recent break up with my girlfriend has pushed me into this life changing surgery.......i found out after we broke up she told her friends she was never really that attracted to me :( Killed me and i blame my hair loss.

I have booked in with Dr Path for the 11th Oct, im probably only going to stay for the minumum amount of time and get my local GP to remove the stitches/staples.

I really dont know what to expect as im a Norwood six with limited donor area

I was thinkning about transfering half of the money into Dr Path's account before leaving and taking the rest in cash...

Thank you for your reply

Hi Johnny,

I had a ht by Dr Path one month ago. It is only very early so any progress at this stage is hard to see. In saying this, i have to agree 100% with jollyfolly. I was very nervous about getting a ht and sat on the fence for a while there, trying to figure out whether or not to go through with it. I eventually chose Dr Path because of the great reviews from within this forum, the location and the pricing. As soon as i arrived in his office, i was immediately put at ease. His staff are really friendly without being over the top. They are all very knowledgeable as well and seem to have been with Dr Path for a while. There are also quite a few of them which is also comforting. Dr Path is a really nice, down-to-earth guy and seems to have your best interest at heart instead of someone who just wants to get the job done and get paid. He spends time making sure you are aware of the whole process and helps design the hairline with a state of the art lazer.

It is a very professional and relaxed environment and you will be in great hands. Hopefully i am as satisfied with my results as i am with all of the above!

I stated at the baiyoke sky hotel which is quite close Dr Paths office by sky train or by taxi. It's affordable and close to the big shopping centres.

I actually took all the money in cash which i don't think is the best option, but i didn't want to transfer the money and then have something come up before the trip and have to cancel. Have you looked into putting the money into a travel card and then taking it out upon arrival?

Have you sent Dr Path pictures and asked how many grafts they think they will be able to transfer? They gave me an estimate based on photos which was pretty accurate.

You are in good hands and i hope you get the results you are looking for. Just be very honest with Dr Path about what you want and he will be in honest with regards to what is possible based on your individual situation.

Johnniebravo1, good to know a Path patient posting regularly. The only ones I knew posting on time were TOMA and LARGECHRIS...However WB280 and AKUMA weren't happy with the results. I'm aware some of the surgeries were performed by Dr. Doctor Kulukarn (second doctor at DHT Clinic) like in RODG case. My advice is to insist having your surgey with Dr. Path himself not another. Good Luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

jonnnie1976,

As far as payment is concerned, I made a bank transfer for the full amount (less the deposit which I made several weeks before that to secure my appointment time) a week before I left.

This way you have no worries, and in a way it's a good commitment because I found the few days leading up to the surgery are the worst for indecision. For some reason I kept on reading negative comments about transplants in general - never about Dr Path though - and I had to keep positive by ignoring all the hype and rubbish written by misguided journalists and others who don't know what they're talking about. That's often what happens when you make a big commitment - buyer's remorse in advance!

Because Dr Path's DHT clinic has been in business for 20 years, that's a good sign that they'll look after your funds. I paid for 4000 grafts when only 3200 (approx) were done, and they returned the overpayment within 2 days. That time was the bank's transfer time, so it was done very quickly. I have complete faith in them based on that.

I can't recommend any hotel because I'm at the st/age where comfort is worth more than a backpacker room. But I can tell you that taxis are incredibly cheap, so do that rather than use the tube, unless you're a long way away of course. My hotel, the Centara Grand, was only about 15 minutes by taxi away. And it's a good thing to catch a cab after your op... you won't feel like walking 10 mins in the heat to the station, plus the stairs.

As jollyfolly asked, when's your date?

PS. Sorry to hear about your breakup. Women can be so fickle, but I can assure you after 40 years with the same one, their priorities become a little different - and hair or lack of it means nothing :D

Johnniebravo1, good to know a Path patient posting regularly. The only ones I knew posting on time were TOMA and LARGECHRIS...However WB280 and AKUMA weren't happy with the results. I'm aware some of the surgeries were performed by Dr. Doctor Kulukarn (second doctor at DHT Clinic) like in RODG case. My advice is to insist having your surgey with Dr. Path himself not another. Good Luck.

you can add jollyfolly to thath list as well, see my sig for some pics if you are interested in Dr Path's work.

hey guys, i live in brisbane and i am currently booked in for surgery december 18th with dr.path, i am super nervous but after reading this thread i feel a lot more at ease about the travel situation, im worried about my donor area and hoping dr.path can get at least 4000 grafts from it as my online consultation recommended 4000+ grafts so im kinda really nervous on that side of things, @ Jonnie - i was worried about transferring a large amount of cash as you done pre op, i have paid my 1000 dollar deposit already and after reading you were refunded your money as you only had 3200 instead of 4000 grafts it is really reassuring to read posts on the clinics honesty in returning money, thanks guys.

colin89, you have not only done the right thing and looked outside australia for HT you have also chosen a top notch doc mate, check out my thread for the pics i am 13 months post op Dr Path.

I would love to have the same success as you at the 13 month mark it is a real transformation and it looks so good and natural you must feel 100 times better, i just hope i have the donor area for 4000 grafts like you and achieve the same success it would be a dream come through.

I would love to have the same success as you at the 13 month mark it is a real transformation and it looks so good and natural you must feel 100 times better, i just hope i have the donor area for 4000 grafts like you and achieve the same success it would be a dream come through.

cheers mate, it has changed my life dramatically. I wish you all the best and success and will be awaiting your results buddy, keep positive!!!

Jollyfolly, Nice results, You are so lucky for getting a good quality mega session with a great rate and price. I cant imagine how much money you saved. It worked well with you :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Jollyfolly, Nice results, You are so lucky for getting a good quality mega session with a great rate and price. I cant imagine how much money you saved. It worked well with you :-)

thanks mate, its almost like it has not sunk in yet, every morning i am amazed at how easy it is to style and how good it looks. In terms of money i was quoted for 3500 grafts here in australia for double the price i paid at DHT with Dr Path for 4000, so i saved not only a bucket load of money but also got what i expected in results. I was literally 1 week away from getting a sub par HT here when i discovered this forum and Dr Path, such a close shave i tell you (excuse the pun :))

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back yesterday from Thailand after having 3854 grafts placed by Dr. Path on Aug-27. I am totally thrilled with the results so far & his staff & professionalism. I will post my blog/pics once I get caught up.

I stayed at the Abloom serviced apartmenst which was on his list of places to stay.

Big apartment About 6000THB/ night about $60USD. Big rooms but sparsely furnished. Decent breakfast. 1 skytrain stop from his office so VERY convenient.

I wire transferred the money and had no problem and used credit card to pay for the additional grafts I opted to go for. 3% charge to use credit card so best to avoid that option if possible. Overpaid and was promtly repaid in cash so no hassles.

PM me for any additional info you may need. You are in good hands!

I think it was much easier and cheaper for me (no atm or credit card or exchange fees) to have my bank wire to his account the cash & can bring the balance with you or pay by card or whatever for any balance/additional hairs etc.

His office will give you a list of places they suggest in terms of staying. I liked Abloom as it was only 1 skytrain stop away from the apartment and the units were large & had full kitchen and free wifi. That being said the furnishings were sparse but If/when I go back for additional work I would probably stay there. Convenient for skytrain and getting around Bangkok. Small but adequate breakfast & friendly staff. It would be low season still no bargain (anywhere) for best/of season rates.

I had typical pain 1st night but found all his meds worked just fine & was able to sleep. Spent the week shopping & getting massages & relaxing air conditioned visiting around Bangkok. Get the "rabbit" card for skytrain so you just load it with a few hundred Bhat & can use it all week on skytrain getting around. You'll be back & forth to his office while you are there so they can shampoo your hair & if you stay to have the stitches out in 6-7 days post op.

I am a medical doctor here in Los Angeles so felt entirely well cared for by him & his staff. Say hi for me!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone just an update on my progress......I'm actually laying in my hotel bed a day after surgery with Dr Path....hotel is awesome "The Sukosol" highly recommended, close to sky train which is easy to use. Two stops from Dr Path....Iam extremely overwhelmed with my experience so far, can not talk highly enough of Dr Path and his staff, I'm also excited and schocked with what I had done, arriving with limited hope believing I was a NW6 with very limited donor area to finding out I was a NW4-5. Thinking I would only have enough donor hair for 3000 grafts and only enough to frame my face. Finding out I had excellent donor hair with plenty of 2,3,4 and 5 hair follicles. Ended up with 4100 grafts with 10,400 hairs being transplanted in 8hrs which covered almost my entire balding area....

I would like to thank everyone who helped me with making such a wise decision in choosing Dr Path....now just the long wait for the real results. I will post pics ASAP

You can visit office daily to wash hair till you are confy doing it.

Go do osme shopping & enjoy Bangkok. I got lots of massages & used skytrain to go shopping in the Air conditioned malls-like MBK mall at the National stop of skytrain & the Platinum market if looking for casual modern clothes-both great buys to be had.

If you need propecia, he has generic for sale at great price.

Tell him Dr. John says hello!

Hi everyone just an update on my progress......I'm actually laying in my hotel bed a day after surgery with Dr Path....hotel is awesome "The Sukosol" highly recommended, close to sky train which is easy to use. Two stops from Dr Path....Iam extremely overwhelmed with my experience so far, can not talk highly enough of Dr Path and his staff, I'm also excited and schocked with what I had done, arriving with limited hope believing I was a NW6 with very limited donor area to finding out I was a NW4-5. Thinking I would only have enough donor hair for 3000 grafts and only enough to frame my face. Finding out I had excellent donor hair with plenty of 2,3,4 and 5 hair follicles. Ended up with 4100 grafts with 10,400 hairs being transplanted in 8hrs which covered almost my entire balding area....

I would like to thank everyone who helped me with making such a wise decision in choosing Dr Path....now just the long wait for the real results. I will post pics ASAP

fantastic news mate, i am happy your experience was as good as mine, sounds like you and i have similiar HTs as i was NW4-5 and had similiar no of grafts although sounds like your donor density is slightly better :)

i am looking forward to pics and your progress, what density did Dr Path go with?

I asked the nurse after surgery, she was very general about the question and said "we aim for 40% density"

Kool I can only hope for results like you have achieved with your HT. Amazing transformation.

40% is what i had all over, i think it is a good balance between density and yield.

your journey is just starting mate good times ahead i look forward to your updates :)