Am I receding?

I need a fresh set of eyes here. Am I receding or not?

I am attaching some older pics from 2008 and 2009 for reference. I am 21 btw. Thanks in advance. :)

I think you are. I'd look into finasteride (propecia). No need to panic though.

But it reaaly all depends what you're hair used to be like. You know your hair best, if you think you're thinning/receding then you probably are.

I think you are. I'd look into finasteride (propecia). No need to panic though.

But it reaaly all depends what you're hair used to be like. You know your hair best, if you think you're thinning/receding then you probably are.

Yeah, I included some older pics too. But I guess I could have been receding early on.

My dad got bald young and I think that is what has sent me into this scare.

Anyway, I will look into finasteride. Thanks.

Around your age its also normal for the hairline to mature where you lose some hair at the temples but it doesn't necessarily mean that you are balding. It doesn't look like you are receding to me. I would just keep an eye on it and take some pics every few months to compare.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Around your age its also normal for the hairline to mature where you lose some hair at the temples but it doesn't necessarily mean that you are balding. It doesn't look like you are receding to me. I would just keep an eye on it and take some pics every few months to compare.

Thanks. That is comforting. :)

I will do that for now. I know it is rare but the side effects of the drug scares me so I wouldn't want to do it if I didn't have to.

Hey Mate, your hair looks pretty normal and these pics. The hairline does mature which for me is a change in the temple area quite often. The only true way to know if thinning is occurring is to a miniaturization study from HTN recommended surgeon. Your pics as seen with this post seem fine, but a microscopic examination tells the real tale. Consider that. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Hey Mate, your hair looks pretty normal and these pics. The hairline does mature which for me is a change in the temple area quite often. The only true way to know if thinning is occurring is to a miniaturization study from HTN recommended surgeon. Your pics as seen with this post seem fine, but a microscopic examination tells the real tale. Consider that. All the Best, Michael

Hm... I think I will do that.

Thanks for the feedback, it is really quite comforting. :)

You may just be getting a mature hairline. .The only difference I see between the photos is your corners have moved up a tad. Do you have any miniaturized hairs at the hairline? I'd definitely get on Finasteride, especially if hair loss runs in your family.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D