Seborrheic dermatitis and Hair transplant

hi

I was wondering if someone has Seborrheic dermatitis and goes for a transplant, if there is any risk that the grafts might not grow. not that i have Seborrheic dermatitis but i have similar sumptoms. itchy scalp, white stuff etc..

i am very anxious person without being able to do something about it. my internal anxiety causes me dermatitis in my fingers and hands and itchy scalp. so i am a bit worried,,

Hiya Vet! Not sure the answer, but hope you are ok.

Originally posted by Tsakalos:

hi

I was wondering if someone has Seborrheic dermatitis and goes for a transplant, if there is any risk that the grafts might not grow. not that i have Seborrheic dermatitis but i have similar sumptoms. itchy scalp, white stuff etc..

i am very anxious person without being able to do something about it. my internal anxiety causes me dermatitis in my fingers and hands and itchy scalp. so i am a bit worried,,

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

I have had patients with Seborrheic Dermatitis. This condition usually occurs on an intermittant basis. I would recommend only having a procedure when the condition was inactive. The irritation and inflammation of the scalp when the condition is active could inhibit the new grafts and reduce the percentage of successful graft growth. Have you tried Nizoral shampoo? I have used it to treat many patients with this condition.