What about Australian surgeons?

hotblooded91

Hi there everyone!

I'm from Australia and am thinking of a HT. I notice there is no recommendations for Australian HT surgeons?! Is this because they are not very good or because there just hasn't been the research on them. I have approached the National Hair Institute & even had a consultation with them & they were very professional. This is their website: www.newhair.com.au

Can anyone offer some advice or other Australians perhaps who have had the procedure done in Australia & what they thought of the surgeon etc...

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Hotblooded,

The physicians recommended by this community are not necessarily a definitive list of all the excellent hair transplant doctors in the world. However, all surgeons recommended on the Hair Transplant Network have been prescreened and have proven to meet our high standards, which includes consistent natural looking results with excellent growth yield. To see how we recommend hair transplant surgeons, click here.

Personally, I would love to find a good quality physician to recommend in Australia. However, since we haven't many recent results, we can't in good confidence recommend any surgeons in Australia at this time.

In my opinion, you may want to consider recommended physicians Dr. Madhu in India, Dr. Mohmand in Pakistan, or Dr. Pathomvanich in Thailand. I'm not sure, but I think it may be equal distance to fly to Vancouver, BC to see Coalition members Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Hotblooded, since the prices of HT surgeries in Australia are usually significantly higher than that in North America, you might actually save money by flying for example, to the US, and getting your surgery done here. Moreover, most doctors usually give a substantial travel discount that might cover all or most of your airfare.

Also, a flight from Australia to one of the US coasts (say California or New York) won't be that long.

Originally posted by hotblooded91:

Hi there everyone!

I'm from Australia and am thinking of a HT. I notice there is no recommendations for Australian HT surgeons?! Is this because they are not very good or because there just hasn't been the research on them. I have approached the National Hair Institute & even had a consultation with them & they were very professional. This is their website: www.newhair.com.au

Can anyone offer some advice or other Australians perhaps who have had the procedure done in Australia & what they thought of the surgeon etc...

Thanks icon_smile.gif

I would not worry about them mate;

Photos on their website are at least 6-7 years old which means they may not have produced any good results since otherwise they would have posted them.

They have been sending me letters for years now and I am not buying into it!

I have decided in 2-3 years time to go to Canada to have HT done as well as visit relatives that I have not seen for more than 15 years.

I had a bad HT in Adelaide many years ago i am not going to make the same mistake again.

Research wisely otherwise you may suffer long term problems and be sorry for the rest of your life.

Hotblooded

I had two prices from Aust surgeons, one in Melbourne and one in Sydney. I was quoted $12600 and $13250 for 2000 grafts and both said I would need to procedures. After reviewing this site for some time it became quite obvious we here in Aust are being ripped off and receiving a poor quality procedure compared to several overseas destinations. I have now booked with Dr Path in Bangkok for March 2010 with the full procedure (4000 grafts), airfare and accommodation costing about $13000. A lot cheaper than Oz and from all accounts a superior procedure.

All the best.