Limiting Early Finasteride Dosage

21YearsAndScared

It's been almost 1 month now that I started 1mg propecia,

in the first week I took 0.25mg, and in the 2nd and 3rd I took 0.5mg.

I've been looking around and there's a lot of places claiming 0.5mg is almost as good as 1mg,

so I was wondering if taking 0.5mg indefinitely instead of 1mg would be a wise choice?

I would just like to avoid side effects as much as possible instead of taking it until I get the sides and then lowering dosage, but if this prevents the medicine from doing it's job, i'd reconsider.

Any thoughts on this, especially for someone who's just started on finasteride?

I just want to say, I believe the side effect percentage of propecia is much, much higher than dermatologists and pharmacists/advertisers claim.

I 'experimented' the dosage by taking a lower dosage than recommended by my doctor (1mg)

I'm 21 years old, I've been using 0.5 mg doses of propecia for only 3 weeks and I'm already experiencing soft, low quality erections that last for 1/10th of the time they used to.

Also, when I ejaculate now, there is almost a pain I feel in my testicles.

I really didn't think I would be one of the people who would experience side effects, and I can't even believe it now but if this is the result from 0.5mg in less than a month, I am much too scared to continue.

Titrating the dose when first starting Finasteride is a good way to reduce side effects. Like with most medications, side effects disappear after taking the medication for a while.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D