Thinning hair

ash1981

For about 7 years my hair has been slowly receding classic tempples and thin crown

All of a sudden it has got very thin indeed

My biggest concern is the fact that scalp is very itchy, and the island hair that i have always had which is very thick is very thin now, i have always been thinning on the crown and receding in temples but never in the main part of my head

I have done steroids before but not adverse reaction like this

What can i do to slow this down again??

The only thing that i havent used before which i did now is a regaine type shampoo for 4 days...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DS-Laboratories-Revita-Stimulating-Shampoo/dp/B002UD52WQ/ref=sr_1_11?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1343204417&sr=1-11

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Groganic-DHT-growthick-Shampoo-235/dp/B0018DCINU/ref=pd_sim_d_19

Any ideas with this.

I know shaving it is an option but im just at a loss to work out why my remining hair that hasnt seen any thinning is getting veery thin within the space of 15 days or so S

As far as I know niacin and biotin are very good compounds for our hair development. I read some studies that the component of niacin is somewhat similar to Minoxidil but side effects are different. Since food supplements containing niacin and biotin doesnt harm our body.

For about 7 years my hair has been slowly receding classic tempples and thin crown

All of a sudden it has got very thin indeed

My biggest concern is the fact that scalp is very itchy, and the island hair that i have always had which is very thick is very thin now, i have always been thinning on the crown and receding in temples but never in the main part of my head

I have done steroids before but not adverse reaction like this

What can i do to slow this down again??

The only thing that i havent used before which i did now is a regaine type shampoo for 4 days...

DS Laboratories Revita Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo - 180 ml: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

Groganic DHT growthick Shampoo 235 ml: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

Any ideas with this.

I know shaving it is an option but im just at a loss to work out why my remining hair that hasnt seen any thinning is getting veery thin within the space of 15 days or so S

Hey Mate,

If a new life stressor can account for the sudden change. Hair Loss is usually gradual and sudden changes are usually an indicator of something else. Even if you are not considering HT, and evaluation by a dermatologist or HT surgeon is the best recommendation. I would love to tell you there is strong evidence for a naturopath solution but research is only anecdotal. See a doctor and make sure there is not another health issue. All the best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

• 1 year later...

Stress has become one of the main causes of hair loss as well. The living burden has driven more and more people fasten their pace and race against time to work for living and promotion. Stress has bad consequences such as insomnia and depression.

• 4 weeks later...