Sacramento area, Fue/neograft

Has anyone personally had neograft work done?

Anyone been to Dr. Prasad in sacramento? she's supposedly the only doctor in the area that does fue neograft.

I cant really find reviews on her work (Link removed by moderator - See Terms of Service)

On the website, shes part of IHSRS and National society of cosmetic physicians. And the website says she Does all the work herself, not technicians.

I think I need HT on crown and mid section. If I get this done, does it mean I need to go on propecia to stop further hair loss?

And If I get a FUE transplant, and Later my natural hair falls out, are my transplanted hairs still in place, Is that what people mean when they talk about bad plugs?

Ive did some research and im just scared and confused, havent seen anyone on her with a HT to the crown with good results yet....

Edited by TakingThePlunge

I just entered a website and I didnt know it would appear like that above, im not trying to advertise for anyone, I just need a good FUE HT in Northern California, and with neografts claims, seem to be too good to be true as a FUE tool.

I cant take off work for more than a week, Cant go to NY or Canada to see these recommended doctors....

comeundone916,

I can't offer any relevant information regarding Dr. Prasad as I've not heard of her. She may very well perform excellent FUE. However, I want to emphasize that Neograft is simply a tool and the jury is still out on its benefits. You may want to read the following article from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog, Can the NeoGraft Hair Transplant Machine Revolutionize Follicular Unit Extraction?

You can view a listing of all our recommended physicians in California here.

Since hair loss is a progressive condition, it is highly recommended that hair transplant recipients use medical hair loss treatments like Rogaine and Propecia in order to maximize their results over the long-term but, there are also lots of guys who choose to undergo surgical hair restoration without the use of drugs. If hair loss continues, you may find yourself needed a second procedure sooner than later.

When people refer to "plugs" they are normally talking about an old and outdated procedure involving larger hair grafts than the follicular units used today.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website