What does a shaved recipient area look like?

I'm interested in getting a facial hair transplant to fill in a few spots on my beard that don't grow much hair as a result of past, unsuccessful laser hair removal.

I've recently been searching and searching without much luck. I want to know what the skin would look like in the recipient area if I chose to shave my beard in the future (after the hair has fully grown in and things have healed).

I found this post of a beard transplant by Dr. Rahal

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/138949-dr-rahal-beard-transplant-1902-grafts.html

The facial hair looks pretty short there, but it's not clean shaved so it's still hard to tell. My dad thinks he sees tiny bumps in the recipient area and is uneasy about what my skin would look like shaved. I think whatever tiny bumps I see look pretty minimal, but this is just one procedure, and performed by one of the best no less.

Any thoughts around this? Maybe those of you who have had hair transplants that are fully grown can look closely at the skin in the recipient area to see what the quality/texture of it is. Is it smooth? Even better if you've actually shaved with a razor, but any insight I can get would really help, thanks.