Concerned about growth at 5 months

sr0d

I received my transplant from Dr. Keene on January 3rd of this year. I continue to read from people on the board that the 4th and 5th month is the month when we see the most growth and density. I was expecting alot more density at 5 1/2 months out. Do new hairs continue to sprout up or is it that the hairs you have just get thicker?

Can someone look at my pics and let me know if this is normal growth and/or if shaving it down is a typical alternative for people until more density is there?

To me the last month has been the most difficult because I really thought it would fill in and I get a lot of weird looks because it is right up front on my forehead. I have contemplated shaving it down (as I have before) and wait until I see more density.

Right now I am really regretting this but would like to hear about others experiences at the 5 1/2 month mark.

93870F74-8FE2-4C05-B3CB-4C7B4F8FCD39.jpeg.3aa77c7240b445e036adac5146dc9bfe.jpeg

D3B4F5F9-C319-4664-BBCF-916B560FE8C9.jpeg.daf55db0aa0aef43fd990c1ccb2c96ba.jpeg

im not sure which growth is new and which isnt

i wouldnt be overly concerned at this stage(easy to say )!!! however i appreciate your concerns as i have saw people at the 4 month stage with a considerable amount of growth, perhaps you are a late grower.

i would contact your surgeon and see what he thinks. i am just shy of 4 months and have quite alot of growth. i am defo happy so far lets hope i stay on track.

be interesting to hear what others thought

Thanks for the reply. I think I have had fair to good growth closer to my original hair line but it is lower in my forehead that I concerned with the density. I think the one thing that really has me concerned is the patchy look of my growth. I see areas that look better than others.

Right around the 4 month marked I shaved the hair line down because I got too self conscious of how it was looking. My thinking was that it would grow back stronger but now I wonder if shaving it might have stunted some of the growth in the hair shafts.

I sent an email to Dr. Keene (my hair surgeon) but haven't heard back yet. I am going to set up a follow up appointment to see what she has to say.

Thanks again.

i dont think shaving the area would have any detrimental effect long term.

it does look a little bit patchy but should hopefully catch up . one side of my temples has had more growth than the other.

is dr keene reccomended here ?

Yes it was through this site that I heard about her. She also happens to be here in the Tucson area so it was a double plus that she was a coalition member and is local.

I am going to hold out hope that I am just a late bloomer. I just wished it wasn't so patchy as you mentioned. I have contemplated whether to continue to shave it down until it fills in but again just worried that I might be doing damage to the grafts and delaying their growth.